Chapter 38

While waiting for our guild to be called, I nervously play with the white ribbon around my the waist of my black dress; the uniform I had gotten from master. 

 "(y/n), don't worry, we can do this." Mira says to me, a confident smile on her face. 

"I'm not worried about that, just nervous is all. The competition seems really tough though." I mumble to myself, remembering the teams that where already called. 

"Who cares how strong they look. We'll beat them into the ground." Gajeel says, with a 'Geehee' at the end of his sentence. 

"I know. It's just. Jura, really?" I say to myself, questioning his presence. 

"Well, we have Jellal." Mira points out to me. I look over at the blue haired male, who's dressed as Mystogen.

"I guess so." I say with a small giggle. "Oh, this team is so wrong in so many ways." I say while looking towards the light in the tunnel. We couldn't see anything, but we could hear perfectly well. 

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Mira says to me, to which I nod in agreement. Fairy Tail was one messed up guild. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

"Now to introduce our third place contestants." Chapati announces to us, catching our attention. 

"What a shocker, swooping in from a midnight flurry. This dark and gloomy bunch are making their debut in this years games." He explains, raising my curiosity. Why the creepy atmosphere. What guild is this? "Give it up for Raven Tail." Chapati says in a spooky tone. My eyes widen. That's Ivan's guild. 

"But, aren't they a dark guild?" Mira mentions, bringing her hand to her chest. 

"So the rumors where true." I mumble to myself. 

"What rumors?" Jellal asks me. 

"While in town with Cynthia yesterday, I heard a rumor that they recently became an official guild." I mention, looking at Laxus from the corner of my eye. He was oddly silent, but he seemed concentrated on something. Shaking my head from the thoughts, I begin to speak. 

"It doesn't matter, they will fall to us like any other guild." I say to the others, a confident smile on my face. "We're up next. Wanna follow the others and create some special effects?" I say with a smile, trying to brighten the mood. 

"That's a great idea." Mira says with a smile, noticing what I was doing. 

"The hell are we supposed to do?" Gajeel questions us. 

"I can use my magic to create the guild's symbol above us, then have it explode like a firework. Laxus, wanna help me?" I explain to them, and then asking Laxus. I needed to get him out of his thoughts. He simply shrugs his shoulders. 

"Sure, whatever." He says to me.

"Our first place runner up is, Oh Wow! What a surprise! This years competition just got a whole lot more interesting folks." Chapati says in a surprised tone. We walk out of the tunnel, surprising everyone. Laxus and I make the fairy tail symbol of water and lighting. 

"It's Fairy tail team B" Chapati says to everyone, calling us team b. I won't be able to get used to it, but despite the name, we all stand tall. I let a smirk makes it's way onto my face when I hear the other teams reaction. 

"Big sis?" Elfman says in a surprised tone. 

"Gajeel?" Natsu questions. 

"(Y/n)?" Gray says loudly, not believing his eyes. 

"And Laxus? How is that fair?" Lucy complains, seeing how we have some of the guilds strongest members on this team. 

"Hold up, I need some answers. Someone explain how Mystogen's even here!" Natsu says, pointing at the boy beside me.