Chapter 40

I watched the battle segment separate from my team after having my wounds looked at by Porlyusica. They weren't too bad, but I did injure my hand after punching the wall. It was a wonder how I didn't feel it. But that didn't really matter. 

I removed myself from all emotions during the fights. I didn't want my anger to take control as I watched Raven Tail cheat in their battle with Lucy, or the anger that rose when Crime Sorciere used a link to get Jellal to throw the match. Today was just filled with so much loss, it was humiliating. Now I understand why the guild who stayed back didn't want to participate. 

As the day ended, I left the Colosseum and started walking back to the hotel. I was starting to get irritated and I just needed to relax after blowing some steam. Maybe I'll do some training outside of the city to let out my frustrations.

"Hey (Y/n), are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice call, causing me to turn around. Mira looked at me with a worried glance. I bit my lip and let out a breath before showing a small grin.

"Yeah, I'm just upset at myself. Sorry for not rejoining you guys out there" I say, noticing the rest of the team make their way to me. 

"Hey, it's okay. Today's just the first day, after all" Mira says with an encouraging tone, and I smile at her and nod.

"I know, it just sucks" I say with a chuckle, trying to push away my previously negative emotions. 

"Let's go to the hotel. The guild is planning to go to the bar sun" She says to me as we all walk towards the hotel. 

"Alright" I smile, though there was still a lasting, bitter feeling that was left behind. Maybe spending some time with my guild; my family, will help me.

Small timeskip

"Cana, why are you like this?" I question the drunk girl, who stumbled her way towards me. She had just won against Bickslow and Evergreen, who had a drinking contest with the girl. My back was leaning on the bar table, allowing me to watch the chaos of the guild unfold. 

"Come on (Y/n), loosen up" She said, sitting on the stool next to mine and wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Because of my strong senses, I could basically smell the alcohol on her. 

"Cana, you'll spill my drink" I tell her, narrowing my eyes at her. She just laughs at this and releases me from her grip, ordering herself another drink.

With that, a guy I didn't recognize challenged her to a drinking contest. I recognized the guild mark on his back as the Quadro Cerberus mark. I put some distance between me and the two, not wanting to somehow get involved with it. 

"Hey (Y/n), how are you doing?" Erza asks, walking up to me. Though, her eyes did flicker over to the drinking contest occurring beside me.

"I'm alright now. I'm just a bit embarrassed from earlier" I chuckle, taking another sip of my drink. 

"Keep your head up, it's only the first day" She tells me, grabbing my head and crashing it against her chestplate. I laugh as I pull back, rubbing my head from the pain.

"By the way, why does the guy Cana's drinking with seem familiar?" She asks me, watching the brunette fall to the ground.

"Cana!" I exclaimed in surprise. Someone was able to drink her under the table? I mean, she was wasted before it, but hell must of froze over today if the impossible happened. I was even more surprised when he ripped of Cana's top as a 'trophie' as he called it.

"No way. Bacchus, is that you?" Erza asked walking towards him. I look back at Cana before shaking my head. 

"You don't know what to quit, do you?" I question, despite her being unconscious. 

"D-did she actually lose a drinking contest?" Lucy questions and I nod.

"Anyways, how are you feeling Lucy?" I say, turning to the blond. 

"Much better now." She grinned, showing a thumbs up. I laugh at this and finish off my drink. Before I could do anything else, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I flinch slightly, but not enough for anyone to actually notice as something being wrong. I take one more look at the guild before standing up.

"Huh? Where are you going (Y/n)?" Cynthia noticed me getting up to leave.

"I'm just gonna walk around Crocus, get some fresh air. The smell of alcohol is getting to me" I laugh lightly as I add the last part.

"Right, dragon slayer senses. Alright, I'll see you later then" She smiled, which I happily returned. I walk out of the bar, trying to ignore the growing pain in my chest. I've had chest pains a few times, but never this bad.

I took a few deep breaths as I walked and slowly the pain went away. Maybe I should ask Porlyusica about them. 

I decided to continue my walk for a bit, mentally preparing myself for tomorrow. I knew that it was possible I'd participate in the combat portion. At least Gajeel is competing in the game portion no matter what; which is kinda worrying but whatever.

"Well look what we found here" A familiar voice I had come to strongly dislike tore me from my thoughts. "A wandering Fairy" He continued as I continued walking. I wasn't going to let them ruin my mood.

"Oi, face me when I'm speaking" I sensed something hovering above my shoulder, so I quickly turned around and swatted the 'thing'; which turned out to be his hand, away.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you to keep your hands to yourself?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes at the blond. I don't know where this calm confidence of mine came from. Probably the alcohol; even though I didn't have a lot.

"Didn't your parents teach you to respect people around you?" He retorted, and I only chuckled in response.

"That's why I didn't hit your hand harder" I grinned, turning on my heels and walking away.

"You've got a lot of confidence for the weakest guild in Fiore" He said with a glare.

"Nah, it's just self respect. I'd expect a guild like yours to have some, but seeing how you act I doubt it" I chuckled, not faltering in my steps. 

"Why do you guys even try anymore. We'll beat your guild into the ground again, like every other year" He said, and I took note of how quickly he changed the subject. I stopped walking and looked over my shoulder.

"Seeing that the preliminary rounds eliminated tons of guilds, I'd say we're well within the top 8" I grinned.

"Doesn't matter, when it's about strength, we're far superior"

"What are you trying to prove? You hate me along with my guild, right? What are you proving in this arguement? Besides.." I turn my head forward, looking away from them. "Gajeel and Natsu would beat you in strength anyway. In fact, I wouldn't doubt Natsu beating you both by himself." I laugh at the thought and continue walking away.

"Do you really think that? How blind is your guild?" Sting asked again, and I couldn't help but notice how quiet Rogue was being. Probably saw confrontation as useless, I get that. He kind of reminds me of Val... But Val isn't a killer.

"Then prove me wrong. They're both competing in the event part tomorrow. If you can beat them, I'll admit your guild is better then ours" I tell him, glancing over my shoulder and smirking. I wave to them as I continue to walk away, this time the blond didn't say anything.

I continued to walk around a bit, feeling a lightness on my chest. For some reason, that same dark feeling wasn't looming over me anymore. Although, I wouldn't doubt it might come back.

I didn't feel the same hate towards the two as I had before.