Chapter 19

I try to open my eyes as I feel the pain take over my body. There I see Wendy kneeling beside Natsu and I. Shortly after the battle with the fire god, our injuries and lack of magic got the best of us. Natsu was out first. When I was trying to find a healer I had passed out. 

"Wendy, you found us." I said happily, my voice sore for some reason. 

"(Y/n), your awake." She exclaims. 

"Wendy, don't worry about me. Heal Natsu first." I tell her, my body going numb. 

"No, I'll find a way to help you." She says trying to help me but I stop her. 

"Wendy, once I get enough magic my wounds will heal on their own. " I tell the timid girl softly. 

"Can you turn back Natsu's scarf to the way it was." I tell her, wondering if my suspicions were correct. 

"His scarf?" She questions me. 

"A malevolence stained his scarf. It's preventing his recovery." I tell her, trying to help her heal him. 

"I can try" She says confidently as she begins to work with the scarf.

After about an hour Natsu finally regains consciousness. 

"Where's (Y/n)?"He asks almost immediately after he woke up. 

"I'm right here Natsu." I say to him. He turns to look at me, worried of my condition. 

"Are you alright?" He asks me. 

"I'm in no fighting condition, but I'm a lot better now." I tell him, a smile on my face. 

"Wait, my scarf." He says, noticing it's white again. 

"Wendy fixed it for you. And we also flipped your clothes back around." Happy tells his partner. 

"Thanks, Wendy." Natsu says to her. 

"I-it's nothing really. (Y/n) told me how to fix it." She says to him, her modest nature shining. 

"I just told you what to do, I didn't do anything else." I tell Wendy, making sure she knows her achievement. Natsu then pauses for a moment and begins sniffing the air. Now that he mentions it, there is the feint smell of women's perfume in the air. It seemed familiar.

"Why is he here?" Natsu questions, standing up. 

"Who Natsu?" Happy asks his friend. I stand up along with Natsu. 

'Cynthia, we defeated him. But we're on another enemies trail. If master is in a better condition then take him somewhere else.' I tell my exceed telepathically. 'On it' She replies back to me quickly. I notice Natsu face the direction the perfume is from. 

"He's close" He says as he begins running. I decide to follow him. Maybe I can find a better place to heal. Or maybe even some water. I need an energy boost.

"I can smell it. Man, it's real close." Natsu says from beside me while running. 

"Natsu, (Y/n), wait." Happy says, flying in between us. The two begin to argue about why we're chasing the person. While they bicker, I realize where I had smelt the perfume from. That woman who appeared to me and Cynthia at the beginning. It was her. I have a bone to pick with that woman. 

"His smell is this way." Natsu says to us. Wait, him? But it was a girl. Has Natsu seen this person before? 

"Wait, Natsu. This path isn't very safe, you should watch where your going." Happy complains to the boy. As it the gods had it out for us, Natsu ended up falling at that moment, tumbling down the hill and somehow getting motion sick in the process. Once he fell off the edge, I had asked Happy to help me down, since my magic was still low. 

"Natsu, look out." Happy said as he flew the both of us to the ground. A tree sprung up where Natsu had been before. 

"There was a small sapling there." A familiar voice said as my feet touched the ground. "My time arc had guided the sapling to it's future. I wonder where your future leads, Natsu Dragneel." She says, extending her hand outwards. Taking my eyes off of her, I notice a figure leaning against a tree, asleep. Realization struck me when I remembered who this was. 

"Your the one from back then. It's definitely the same smell." Natsu says to the girl in the tree. 

"The guy who used Lyon and the others on Galuna island." Happy wondered out loud. So that's what happened while I was gone. 

"Is dressing in woman's clothing your hobby or something?" Natsu asks her, a curious look on his face. 

"Um, this is what I really look like. I'm one of the seven kin of purgatory of grimoire heart. Ultear Milkovich" She says, introducing herself to us. 

"Ul-Tea Milk?" Natsu says, trying to pronounce the woman's name. 

"Don't trip over your tongue." Happy says to him. 

"Don't tell me your after Zeref, too?" She asks us. So they where after him. He's the one they where looking for. 

"YOU" I say loudly as I feel a surge of magic energy. "I WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE HIM" I yell to her, anger pumping through my veins. After all this time, he was alive and well, and now they want to take him away from me. 

"(Y/n)?" Natsu looks over at me, worried and surprised at my outburst. "If (Y/n)'s protecting this guy, I will too." Natsu says, making sure I was aware he's with me. 

"It can't be helped. This time, our battle is real." She teases while summoning her orb. 

"If it weren't for you, I would of been an S class wizard!" Natsu exclaimed, beginning to climb the tree. 

"Is that your future?" Ultear asked as she threw the orb at him. This repeated until Natsu smashed it with his magic. The sphere's multiplied and fixed itself. "The other future of the fractured crystal ball. Parallel worlds. I create an infinate amount of futures and contract the to head towards a single future." She says as the attack goes towards Natsu. "Flash forward." She says as she attacks Natsu with her magic. Natsu gets hit and falls to the ground. 

"Natsu!" I call out to him. I grip my head in pain. Calm down. I need to calm down to defeat her. I take a breath and I look up at her. 

"That didn't work." Natsu said as he landed beside me. 

"(Y/n), you back to normal now?" Happy asks me with concern in his voice. 

"Yeah" I say with a nod. 

"I still have to pay you back for Galuna island. Beating you this fast wouldn't be that fun, now would it? Play with me a little longer" Ultear says with a teasing voice. 

"She's stronger then before." Natsu remarks. 

"I didn't even use half my power back then." She says to him. Lucy suddenly falls right in front of us with one of the other 7 kin behind her. 

"Move" Natsu says, kicking him in the face. "Lucy, what are you doing here?" Natsu questions as I help Lucy up. 

"Same as you. But at least I'm saved." She says in relief. 

"Kain, what are you doing here?" Ultear asks one of her guildmates. 

"Ultear, I was chasing that woman." This Kain guy says, pointing to Lucy. 

"So you guys are fighting too." Lucy asks us. 

"Yes." I say simply to confirm her suspicions. 

"She's crazy strong. Even Natsu is having a hard time" Happy tells her. 

"No I'm not. I'm gonna beat her" Natsu says to contradict what Happy just said. 

"But there are two enemies now." Happy says to his friend. 

"But there are three of us now." Natsu says back to Happy. 

"For now, let's forget we're rivals in the exam. We're reforming the team." Natsu says again, proudly. 

"This brings back memories of when we first met." I say to the two of them. That's right, I was there when we met Lucy. I'm relieved that we get to fight together like this again.