Chapter 31

Training. It's all I've been doing for the past two and a half months. I went back to the place my younger self had called home. When I stilled lived with my parents and siblings. Surprisingly, the mansion I had lived in hasn't changed in these past years. It was very odd, but I chose to ignore it. I had found some books on different types of magic I knew I could use. Most of my training focused on my music dragon slayer magic, but I trained to get stronger too. I trained physically and mentally without many breaks. Today was no exception to this.

Walking out of the mansion, I walked to a clearing I used to train in with my family. There was a certain technique I realized I should be able to do. With only one week left until I have to leave, I would train rigorously these next few days. Pushing myself more then I have before. Walking into the clearing, I begin the first step to my training. Meditation. I realized that my magic power drains way to fast for me to have a long battle, and it takes forever for it to build back up. That's because the magic heals my wounds automatically, so I have to either increase my magic capacity or reduce my magic output with each attack. Meditation can help me do both.

The next thing I do is I begin to train with my magic. I open the book and begin to practice the spells. I was working specifically on my ice dragon slaying magic, since I think I was well on my way with my music dragon magic, and I already practiced a lot with my water dragon slayer magic. So now, I want to make sure my main magic, Ice dragon slayer magic, surpasses the others. So I'm practicing more advanced spells. One of the bigger secret arts is the one I wanted to practice. Since I have a secret art for my water dragon and music dragon. I guess I should warm up, then try to cast it.

"Ice dragon wings!" I call out, making ice wings sprout from my back. "Ice dragon scales!" I say and scales of a crystal blue with a purple sheen cover my skin. "Ice dragon geyser!" I shout, bringing up water from the ground in a line in front of me, then freezing it almost immediately. I fly into the air with the ice wings and prepare an other attack. 

"Ice dragon shield!" I yell as I bring my arms up in an x formation. The shield of ice is formed in five seconds, covered in a layer of frost. The ice geyser I created glow purple for a moment, then explode. The shield stands the attack. I dispel the shield as I work with my more common moves. 

"Ice dragon ROAR!" I yell at the ground lifting up chunks of earth into the air. "Ice dragon comet FIST!" I yell as I break through the earth. "Ice dragon wing SLASH!" I yell as I bring my wings forward, sending a gust of snow and ice at an other chunk of dirt and stone. Alright, time to try the new move. 

"Ice dragon secret art!" I begin to call out as I fly to the ground. "Khione's GARDEN!" I yell out, casting the spell. I notice some fog forming on the ground, but nothing of the actual spell. And now for some reason I feel really light. Am I falling? My wings and scales are gone and the ground is getting closer. Yup, I'm falling. I hit the ground with a painful thud. Groaning in pain, I sit up, slightly dizzy. 

"Out of magic already?" I wonder to myself, looking at my hand. "Why?" I wonder, burying my face in my hands. 

"Your magic reserves release to much energy." A familiar voice from behind me says. I turn around to look at the new figure, or should I say three figures. 

"Jellal? Meredy? Ultear?" I say out loud, standing up and going into a fighting stance, despite the pain I'm in. 

"We're not your enemy." Jellal says to me, walking forward. Looking at him cautiously, I look over to Meredy and Ultear, slightly glaring at the older female. 

"We mean no harm to you." Ultear says to me, trying to calm me down. 

"Oh yeah sure, like how you 'meant no harm' to my friends back on Tenrou. It's your guild's fault this happened to us!" I yell at her, my hatred for what she did still fresh in my mind. 

"Please don't have any ill intentions towards Ultear. She didn't mean it." Meredy says, trying to protect her mother figure. 

"Didn't mean it? Sure, I totally believe that she never meant to hurt my best friend and my family. I'll believe she never followed Hades or harmed any of my friends. Oh BUT SHE DID!" I yell at her, gritting my teeth. 

"Don't defend me Meredy. I will admit to my wrongdoings in the past, but that was seven years ago, and I'm trying to atone for my sins. That's why I'm here." She says to me, being completely honest. This surprises me for a moment. She's not lying. 

"I'll give you one change to explain. That's all" I said to her, a shadow being cast over my eyes. 

"We formed a guild called Crime Sorciere. We go around destroying dark guilds and trying to atone for our mistakes." Jellal tells me, his expression oddly calm despite the situation. 

"Once we found out you all were alive, we made it our personal goal to meet up with you." Meredy says, her expression becoming neutral. 

"My time arc magic call unlock your second origin and let your magic power equal how it would of been without your seven year sleep." Ultear mentions to me, making me think. How strong would I be in seven years. 

"While it may not help with your magic depletion, it will help increasing your magic reserves and over all strength. Your body will go through extreme pain, but that's to adjust to the magic that is suddenly being given to you." Ultear explains what happens to me. It would be extremely helpful in the battle, especially since you can't make up seven years worth of training in three months.

"I'll do it." I say to her, ignoring my anger towards her. Maybe this way, I can learn to control my anger as well. 

"Alright, just a reminder, it is an extremely painful process. Are you prepared?" She asks me, getting the spell ready. 

"I don't think I'll ever be, but I have do do this. So cast it." I tell her honestly. 

"Alright." She says to me as she walks up to me. She lifts her hand up to my forehead, and with one finger, she taps the center of it. Red markings began to surface all over my body, followed by an indescribable amount of pain. 

"AHHHHHH" I yell out as my knees collapse on me, making me fall to the ground. 

"This should only last for an hour, but it depends on how large your second origin is." She says, her tone emotionless as I begin to struggle to breath. I wonder how my heart is going to react, my body is probably in full panic mode. Why did I not think this would happen. The others seem to watch me carefully, studying my every movement. As my body becomes numb, the pain still persists, but despite that, I try to stand up. My whole body was shaking, but I got to a standing position. 

"I-I-I-I c-can h-h-handle  i-i-it." I say to myself, trying to give myself motivation. Beads of sweat roll down my face and neck, but I grit my teeth. "Wow, this is some spell, eh?" I say, forcing out a laugh. 

"Are you okay?" Meredy asks, slightly worried. I look over at her, and despite the pain, I smile. 

"N-n-never b-b-been b-b-b-better." I say, struggling to speak. I just find this whole situation ironic. I hate the girl, she hurts me. I am okay with the girl, she hurts me. I'm seeing some repetition here. 

"How are you taking the pain so well?" Ultear asks me, amazed at my tolerance. 

"I-I-I d-d-don't k-know. I-I-I-I j-j-just h-have t-to." I tell her, unaware I had such a high tolerance for pain. Then again, I did get hurt, a lot. 

"The skins surface is weak, she simply got used to the pain." Jellal tells the others as simply as possible. I'm basically a dragon without scales. That's why I have the ability to have scales. Damn, why was I born a human?

The pain was honestly unbearable. It was everything I had experienced in the past times 100. I can't even explain what it was. It felt boiling hot and freezing cold at the same time, my skin ripping apart and being sewn back together. This next hour was going to be absolute hell.

Second origin Unlocked. Your finally learning how to give up your anger. I'm also publishing a My Hero Academia book after this, so if you're into it, check it out. Anyways, that's all for now, Peace!