Chapter 15

We made it to the passages in record time. That flight training paid off. 

"Cynthia, choose a path quickly, I'm unlucky." I say to her. She fly's into one of the tunnels in front of us. Please no Guildarts, please No Guildarts. I pray as I walk down the tunnel. Ahead of us is a large clearing. Will I be fighting someone? I'm glad I changed clothes. Fighting in a bikini would of been hell. We make it to the clearing and I look around to see if an S class Wizard is here.

"Fourth year in a row you have to fight me. Must be bad luck." I hear the voice I didn't feel like hearing. 

"I'm dead." I say loudly. 

"(Y/n), what the hell?" Cynthia questions what I just said. 

"Calm down, it was a joke. So Guildarts, is this your path or the random one?" I ask him, taking a few steps towards him. 

"You got the random path, so your just unlucky." He tells me. Wait, I got random. That means he still needs to fight someone else. He might hold back, even if it's just a bit. 

"Alright then. Are you ready." I say as I get into a fighting stance. 

"Just letting you know, I'm not good at holding back. But I think you know that by now." He says to me, a smirk on his face. 

"The sass is just radiating off of you." I say to him, a smile crawling onto my face. Even though I dreaded this, I like fighting him. Every time I do, I last longer then the last time. It shows me how much I've grown. 

"Let's go Cynthia." I tell her as she turns into her human form. 

"Right" She says, pulling out her twin daggers. We rush towards him at the same time, I prepare my first attack, I want to see how much magic he's willing to use. 

"Ice dragon Comet fist!" I yell out as he blocks my attack with his hand. Knowing what's going to happen next I bounce back. He's not holding back. Why? It can't be helped. I just have to plan my next moves carefully. Cynthia bounces back to me, noticing that her weapons where just destroyed and turned into cubes. 

"Cynthia, catch" I say to her, tossing some ice made weapons. I jump up and prepare my second attack. 

"Ice dragon ROAR! I yell out, causing a flurry of ice and snow to be hurled at him. He uses his magic to deflect it, but this is my chance. 

"Terrain change, BLIZZARD!" I yell out, causing a blizzard to begin blowing from every direction. You can't hit a target you cant see. I for one, can. 

"Ice dragon scales." I mumble under my breath. My body became covered with scales that where a snow white with a blue sheen to it. I'm not using my stronger scales, since those are purple and highly noticeable. I summon sharp ice shards to surround Guildarts. I send them all flying at once at him. I heard him make a grunting sound. Did I hit him? I'll see later. 

"Ice dragon, Roar!" I yelled out, but I made it to where it echoed off every wall. This way he can't predict where the attack came from. I heard him make an other sound, but it's beginning to be drowned out by the loud winds. I fly myself up in the air using my ice wings, since my other wings can't handle the cold well. 

"Water dragon, SLICER!" I yell out, the sound echoing against the walls. 

"Music dragon SCREECH!" I yell out, making a loud, high pitched sound echo everywhere, making it more effective. I am so glad that I taught Cynthia a barrier to protect against my magic. Or else she would be suffering now.

"Music dragon SOUNDWAVE" I call out, sending waves of vibrations through the air. I noticed the blizzard dying down. I have one more attack. 

"Water dragon sacred art! EYE OF NEMESIS!" I yell out, shooting the spiral of normal and black water at him. The cold making some of the water turn to ice. I floated to the ground as the spell expelled the blizzard. My victorious smile turned into one of pure shock. Standing right where he was before, was Guildarts. Fully unharmed. The only difference was that he was in a crater, and he had moves a meter from his original spot. 

"What?" I question, looking at the man in horror. 

"You did good kid. You've gotten much stronger." He says as he smiles at me. "But so have I." He says to me. 

"Now it's my turn." He says, smirking. I grit my teeth and charge at him, preparing an other attack. He pushes me to the side, his block full of his crush magic. The force made all my scales shatter. He must of misjudged the strength of them. He shot a beam of pure crush magic. My scream shattered the once silent room. My back hit the wall, the sound of cracking filling my ears. I fell to the ground, my arm felt paralyzed. 

"Oh god. Kid you alright!" Guildarts said once he noticed my broken arm. I; however, couldn't hear a thing he said. 

This can't be how it ends. I have to win. I can't fail a fourth time. I just can't. I have to win. I need to win. 

"I have to win." I say, mumbling. I feel the energy return to my body, and I felt all my bones healing themselves. Standing up straight, I feel my dragon force activate, but something felt off. A single blue line showed up on my waist. Once that line appeared, it seemed to multiply. It reminded me of the marks father and Val had. And what's weirder, is that I never took an energy booster, like my Ethernano. It felt unfair, so I swore against it's use. 

Guildarts eyes seem to widen at my new form. His expression darkened as he got into a fighting stance. I wonder what's wrong. Why is he suddenly serious about the battle. No matter, now I stand a chance. I charge at Guildarts, preparing a dragon fist of new power. He filled his hand with magic as he blocked the attack. An explosion filled the room on impact. After the explosion cleared, we stood two meters away from each other, both unscathed from the attack. 

"I had my suspicions after my run in with that dragon, but now I know it's true." He says, gritting his teeth. 

"You where suspicious of me. That's not nice." I said sarcastically. 

"Your HIS daughter, aren't you." He says to me. I knew exactly who he was talking about and I chuckled.

"Ah, you found out huh? Interesting." I say, a sadistic smirk growing on my face. 

"(Y/n), calm down, this isn't you." Cynthia said, grabbing my attention. I turn to look at her. 

"What's wrong Cynthia. I'm still me, only stronger." I say to her, placing a hand on my chest as if referring to myself.

"No it's not. (Y/n), she isn't evil" Cynthia cries out, tears filling her eyes. 'That word, it's what they used to describe him. He isn't him, it's not his fault. He's not evil. Is that what they see in me now? Evil.' I suddenly become aware of my actions. I grit my own teeth, fighting against myself. 

"Guildarts, attack me, now. Snap me out of it while I'm me." I say to him, my eyes widening. I see hesitation, but the most important thing about being S class, is that you do what's right, for the greater good. He fires his attack at me while I removed the scales. I grab onto the ground as the pain fills my body. I try not to scream, but it gets the better of me. Once the pain finished, I began taking deep breathes. Guildarts walks to me, probably concerned at my well being. 

"Kid, you alright?" He says, worried at how I stood a powerful attack. 

"I give up." I say to him, a smile on my face. "Once again, you win."I say with a weak laugh. "I know when I'm beat." I say, a sad look on my face. 

"(y/n)..." Cynthia looks at me, a sorry look on her face. 

"Your not out this time" Guildarts says to me. I look up at him with a very confused expression. 

"I've seen bigger potential in you then I ever had. I didn't hold back because I had to know if you were ready." He says, extending his hand out to me. I grab it and he helps me on my feet. 

"Thank you, so much." I say to him, a smile on my face. 

"Get going kid, someone just chose my actual tunnel. I have an other fight to prepare for." He says to me. 

"Good luck. Even though I know you don't need it." I say as I walk to the end of the room, getting ready to leave the tunnel. 

"Good luck on the next trial kid." He says as he walks to his other room. 

"Let's go Cynthia." I tell her as we begin to walk through the tunnel. Even though she needed to help me walk, I would call this a success. I did it. Next trial, here we come.