Chapter 36

"Hey Natsu, Lucy!" I say as I notice my friends walking around. 

"(Y/n)? Hi, isn't this city amazing!" Lucy exclaims, fixing a flower crown. 

"It truly is. I think Cynthia agree's with me." I say, referring to my (f/c) rose crown and Cynthia's white one. Lucy giggles a bit as Natsu catches up to us. 

"Hey (Y/n), those flower's look good on you." Natsu says to me, a cheesy smile and a blush on his face. 

"Your's looks amazing to." I say to his flower necklace. He just laughs and rubs the back of his neck as his blush darkens. 

"A fight!" Someone calls out from behind us. 

"I guess fight's are part of this festival after all!" Natsu says, snapping out of his flustered state as he runs to the crowd of people behind us. 

"Hold on!" I call out to him, Lucy still beside me. Then, something catches my attention. There was a familiar scent through the air.

"There's a dragon..." I mumble loud enough for Lucy to hear me. Cynthia glances over at me when my stomach sinks. I recognize it.

"A dragon?" Lucy says in disbelief. 

"Natsu, wait!" I call out to him, running in the direction of the pink haired boy.  I shove my way through the crowds, only to find Natsu on the ground, like he had been crawling, and two faces I had only met once. 

"Cats!" Happy exclaims in disbelief at the two exceeds. 

"Get a load of that stupid looking blue cat." The maroon exceed, who's name I still don't know, said. 

"He's stupid." Frosch says after the other exceed, pointing at Happy. Wow, and I thought Frosch was a cute exceed.

"And they talk too!" Happy exclaims in disbelief. 

"Take a look at yourself Happy." I hear Cynthia mumble from my shoulder. 

"Yeah that's me, but who are you?" Natsu asks the twin dragons. Natsu, you have to get out of there. The crowd begins to mumble to each other, shocked that the fire mage didn't know the twin dragons. 

"These guys are members of Sabertooth?" Lucy questions, stepping up front. 

"Yes Lucy. They're known as the twin dragons of Sabertooth. The ones I mentioned on the train." I say to the blond, stepping up front as well. 

"Well, I'm glad the cutie knows us." Sting says as he walks towards me. He puts his finger under my chin and lifts my head up. I swat his hand away, as if it was a fly. 

"Just because I know you, doesn't mean I care." I say to him as I narrow my eyes. 

"Feisty are we?" He says smirking. Recognition crosses his face and he puts his head beside me neck. I was too shocked to move and the a red blush coats my cheeks at the close proximity. I can almost feel him smirk as he moves his head away. 

"Well, well, well, not only is she a dragon slayer, but she's the girl who found Frosch." He says, smirking at me. I growl lowly at him. 

"Hey, leave her alone!" Natsu yells from beside us. "And how do you know us too!" Natsu says angrily at the blond male. 

"Everybody knows. You're the so called dragon slayer who couldn't actually slay a dragon." Sting says to him, a smirk on his face. "Doesn't sound like much of a dragon slayer to me." He says cockily as he stands back up beside his partner. 

"The sad part of it is that I actually used to look up to you. And my friend here was a big fan of Gajeel's." He says, making fun of both of my guild mates. 

"It was more of a curiosity as he was a fellow dragon slayer." Rogue explains to us.

"You've got to be kidding me. You both are dragon slayers." Natsu says out loud. 

"We would prefer if you called us true dragon slayers. Because unlike you, we could of easily slain Acnologia." Sting says to us, a cocky tone in his voice. I ball my fist and I glare at the two of them. They have no right to say that. 

"You'd be telling a different story if you actually gone up against that monster like we did." Lucy says to them, vocalizing my thoughts. 

"Yeah!" Happy says, mainly to the other exceeds. 

"It doesn't matter if we where there or not." Rogue says while turning to face them. 

"What it all boils down to is we are far superior." Sting boasts. 

"You guys think your so much better then everyone else." Natsu says to the two of them. 

"Not just think, there's a huge strength difference between first and third gen dragon slayers. You both are half as strong as they are." The Maroon exceed says to us. 

"Tell me. Did your guy's dragon disappear in the year 777 too?" Natsu questions the two of them. 

"Yeah, you could say that." Sting says, looking at Natsu as if he were an insect. 

"More to the point, they died. The dragons that passed down their dragon slaying magic to us, we eliminated them with our own hands" Rogue says to us, no look of remorse on his face. My eyes widen at this. They killed the dragons who raised them? My blood boiled at the thought of this. I thought after we won, we could of been friends, even after all of this. But I was wrong. I'm not being friends with monsters. 

"I don't believe it. You killed them?" Lucy says in disbelief. 

"Is that really true?" Happy questions.

 "N-no way." Cynthia said, a horrified expression on her face. 

"You scum! Those where your parents!" Natsu says angrily.

"Natsu." I say to him, a shadow covering my eyes. He looks over at me, his anger turning into confusion. "You should get back to your inn. Same as you Lucy, Happy." I tell them both, trying to remove all trace of emotion from my voice. 

"But (Y/n), it's not even midnight." Lucy says, trying to protest. 

"We can't be fighting another guild now. Go to the inn and calm Natsu down." I say to her, my fist clenching tighter. I felt myself shaking.

"Alright, Natsu, Happy. Let's go." Lucy says as she forces Natsu back to the inn. Without saying anything, I turn around and begin walking away, ignoring the stares at the back of my head. 

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Cynthia asks me, her tone quiet and worried. "Your hand!" She says in alarm, noticing the blood dripping from my clenched fist. I bring it up and open it, noticing the places where my nails drew blood from my skin. 

"They'll pay. For killing my family's friends. Weisslogia, Skiadrum... I will avenge you. Even if their whole guild has to die, I don't care." I mumble, closing my hand once more. 

"They will pay for making an enemy of me." I say, walking to my inn. The dead petals of my flower crown flowing behind me.

A dark aura was felt around that area that night. No one knowing where it came from. They would never expect that within the losing guild, that there had been someone fighting off the dark power. But it was a battle she was losing.