Chapter 18

"Natsu, I've got your back!" I yell out as I prepare an attack. "Water dragon INFINITE WATERS!" I say as I send a large wave of water to the flames that where about to hit my injured friend.  When the water disappears, I find Natsu on the ground. 

"Who do you think you are?" The enemy asks me, annoyed at my presence. 

"Doesn't matter. But your not going hurt him without getting through me." I say to him.

"AhahAHAHAHAH. You think you can kill a god. Even if you are a dragon, you're no match for me." He says as he laughs psychotically. I feel my anger build up as the blue markings appear on my shoulder. 

"Your going down" I say as I charge at him. Water dragon Ice fist!" I say as I land an attack on him. He retaliates by activating his black fire that surrounds his body, engulfing mine as well. I grit my teeth as I begin sending quick blows at him. 

"Your just as weak as the guy back there. Do you really think you stand a change against me?" He growls as he blocks my attacks. He doesn't realize it yet. Good.

"I know I can beat you." I say as I land a blow to his his side. He manages to stand his ground as he punches me, sending me flying back. I stumble back but I catch myself. I feel the blue marks spreading onto my neck and chest. I can't continue fighting, I don't have all my magic replenished yet. I can't use my sacred art. But I can do something else. 

I run over to Natsu, who was struggling to get up. "Music dragon healing pulse." I say as I begin to heal him. He turns his head to look at me. 

"(Y-y/n)?" He says in confusion, but clearly still in pain. 

"Music dragon healing aura." I say as an orange aura surrounds his body. "Music dragon powe.... Ahg!" I say in pain as I get hit by the black flame. My body was already badly burned, but now I couldn't move. 

"N-Natsu, you can do this..." I say to him as my vision began to get hazy. 

"(Y/n)! You'll PAY"Natsu growls at the blond fire god. 

"Let's see where we left off, shall we?" The blond laughed maniacally. By what I could see of the battle, the blond made a type of pickaxe out of black fire and ended up cutting a tree. Natsu tried to use this to his advantage as he pushed down a large piece of the stump and crushed him. The blond used his fire to break through the wood, and landing a hit on Natsu. 

"God's flames love to devour wizards." The blond says as a black flame grows in his hand. "Flame god LAST SUPPER!" He yells out as he traps Natsu is a ball of black fire. Natsu screams in agony as his body is engulfed. 

"No... Natsu..." I say quietly. I have to do something. 

"Once your trapped between these flames, your finished. All that will escape is your ashes." He says as he laughs loudly. 

"Then I'll eat it instead." Natsu says, but when he tried to eat the flames, he seems to choke on them. 

"See what I said." His cocky expression turns into one of pain. He looks down and notices a hand of ice is wrapped around his body. His eyes trail to look at me. I was leaning against a tree, one hand clutching my side and I was badly burned, but still alive. The ice hand was attached to my own. It was a powerful spell, but I could feel whatever happened to this hand, even if it's just ice. 

"I said before, you will not harm him further without getting through me." I said to him, tightening my grip. 

"Still got that much strength in you huh?" He questions me as he lights himself on fire. I can feel the heat burning my arm, but my grip didn't change. 

"Better let go, cause if you don't your arms going to be gone." He says is a teasing tone. Damn him, he knows this technique. I simply tighten my grip on him. Even if it kills me, I'm not letting go. 

"What's this? Your squeezing stronger?" He says curiously. 

"I'm not letting go!" I growl at him, not ready to give up.

"(Y/n), enough with this!" Natsu tries to protest. 

"Why you" The blond says to me, clearly starting to feel the pain from my magic. 

"(Y/n), let go of him!" Natsu begs me, worried about my safety. 

"Don't underestimate the power of our family!" I yell out to the both of them.

Natsu begins to light his own body on fire. He must be trying to overpower the black flames. 

"The dragon slayer, the water girl, or maybe me? I wonder which one is going to kick the bucket first." The blond says with a smirk. Natsu screams out in pain and determination as he continues to release his magic. It's no use since after a few seconds, his magic dies out. 

"Natsu.... Your magic.... It vanished?" I say in amazement and fear, he had no more magic in him. 

"And the dragon slayer bites the dust first!" He says loudly and begins to laugh. 

"Damn you" I say as tears form in my eyes. Natsu..... Please.....Wait. What?

"N-no way!" The flame god says in disbelief. Natsu you idiot. "How is he eating the flames of a god!?" He wonders out loud. Once Natsu finished the fire, he wipes his mouth. 

"I see... Some flames that take a certain trick to eat." He says out loud. 

"Trick?" The blond mumbles, still wondering what just happened. 

"Natsu you idiot! Are you trying to die!?" I ask him as I throw the blond into the air, making the ice hand disappear. 

"I'm not going to die today. I wont let anyone die." He says as he summons black and red fire to his hands. 

"We're all going home together. Home to Fairy tail" Natsu says as he begins preparing an attack. "Join together the flames of a dragon and the flames of a god!" Natsu yells out. He jumps up into the air, so he's level with the falling enemy. "Fire God Dazzling Blaze!" He yells out as he fires his attack at the blond. The flames mix together and create a large ball of light. 

"H-he did it. He won." I think to myself, thankful at my alive friend. I weakly limp towards him, a smile on my face. "Natsu, you did it." I say to him. He looks at my condition and rushes towards me. 

"(Y/n), are you okay." He says while supporting me with his arm. I push it away and look down at the ground. Tears begin to pour down my face as I look up at the slightly taller male. 

"You idiot!" I yelled at him, but despite my words, I wrapped my arms around him. "I was so worried. You could of died. Never do that again." I say to him, my head on his shoulder, but facing his neck. 

"You know me (Y/n), I don't think things through." He says in a slightly joking tone. 

"Maybe you should. If you died, I wouldn't be able to live with myself." I cried, tightening my hold on him, like he might disappear. 

"If I did, then I couldn't be able to save you." He says, also tightening his hug. "If you died, then I would blame myself everyday for not being able to save you." He says as he laid his head on mine. I stayed silent. He was right. 

"Just, be careful. Alright." I say to him, pulling away from the hug. He looks me in the eyes and brings his hand up to my cheek, wiping the falling tears. 

"Alright" He says to me. "What are these blue marks." He asks me, a concerned look on his face as he looks at the marks. 

"Looks like they spread to my face huh?" I ask him, laughing slightly. 

"Only half of it. But it's still you. With or without the marks." He tells me, a smile on his face. 

"Yeah." I agree with him. "Let's get going. Our battle isn't over yet." I say to him with a smile. 

"Yeah. I'm all fired up." He says to me, excited to fight again. Let's do this.