Part 2: The story of Excalibur

After several minutes had passed of Necrosse silently sitting in the cock-pit, he rotated the seat towards the shelf, eyeing the book Sencrosse had told him of. He reached up and picked it from the shelf and sat it on his lap. In bright gold letters on the front was the title: The Story of Excalibur. Necrosse opened the cover and turned to the first page:

Once upon a time, 1000 years ago, there lived an emental named Excalibur. He was dressed in gold armor and had eyes more pure than love. With the power of light, Excalibur was loved by everyone in the land. His extreme power in battle and his unmatched friendliness, everyone looked up to him. Ever since he was young, he always believed that everyone has a right to fight for what they believe in and that everyone was right in their own way. Excalibur was named the prophet of light in the town of Civitas. However, there was one person who hated Excalibur and his power. Sui, a cryomancer of Cryoria felt that Excalibur was wrong and was brainwashing the townsfolk. After fighting Excalibur in a duel, Sui was defeated and imprisoned for attempting to kill him. Excalibur was sad from Sui's hatred, being left with a burning pit of depression as Sui was taken to prison.For several years, Excalibur tried to remain positive about himself, but Sui kept coming to mind. Meanwhile, Sui trained, bringing his soul energy output higher than anyone has ever seen. Excalibur knew Sui would eventually be released, and he was ready to befriend him.

On the day Sui was released, Excalibur invited him for a friendly duel. However, this battle quickly turned into an all out war. The sheer amount of soul energy from Sui caused the world to go into a large scale Ice Age, causing famine and mass extinction. Using his soul of light, Excalibur was able to heat only the equater of the earth, warming Sui's hate. But that didn't stop Sui from overpowering Excalibur. Their fight grew from hours, to days, to weeks, until it had lasted an entire month. Both fought non stop. However, in pit of luck, Sui pierced Excalibur's protective barrier of light, and stabbed right through his heart.However, not even death could stop Excalibur. The breath of Solace that lives in the skies blessed his body, healing his wounds and reviving him with celestial powers. When his eyes opened, they glowed whiter than the snow of Cryoria, and in that instant, he punished Sui for his ignorance. A stream of light erupted from Excalibur's hand, killing Sui and ending the Ice Age. However, in an act of spite, Excalibur kept the land of Cryoria frozen solid.

Over the years, Excalibur became even more well known. He was the Solacian Judge, and he kept the peace in the world. That peace didn't last long however. The ghost of Sui came back, and unleashed a disease that caused the body of to evaporate into soul energy. Excalibur quickly confronted Sui using the magic capabilities of the Emental Stones. Knowing Sui could kill everyone in the world, Excalibur made a desperate plea for mercy. Him and Sui struck a deal: Excalibur would entombed in an enchanted prison and fall into an eternal sleep, his body would not age or decay. In return, Sui would be put to rest. With a malicious smile, Sui agreed. Excalibur's body began to grow heavy, and he was put under. Large stones wrapped around him, covering his body and entombing him. With Sui put the rest, the only thing left was Excalibur's tomb and the 4 Emental Stones.

Ken slapped his book shut, letting out a cough from the dust. He set the book down on his bedside from a hand-crafted arm chair and stood up. It was early morning in his room mates log cabin. He then walked out of his room and down a hallway towards another door that led to his room mates domain. Ken stopped to let out a yawn. He brushed his spiky orange hair back and knocked on Danny's door. From behind it, a small groan could be heard, as well as Danny turning over in his bed.

"Get up, Danny, it's almost noon!"Ken exclaimed. From inside the room, Danny lay with his limbs spawled out. Next to his neck was a small emental, resembling a human, only being a foot and a half tall. Like all ementals, she had white skin and massive, black, cat ears. On her neck was a black bow tie that attached to her pair of bat wings. Completing her look was a long, black, hooked tail.

"Danny take care of that noise..." She muttered, her voice sounding of a very young girl despite her being 15 years old. The emental sleepily climbed over Danny's neck and onto his face, but flomped onto him and fell back asleep. Danny, who was still asleep, blew a raspberry on her stomach with each breath he took. Not even that was stirring him.

"Danny if you don't get up right now, you'll be in big trouble!" Ken exclaimed from behind the door. Danny responded with a sleepy moan.

With a snap of his fingers, a small spark shot from Ken's finger tips and towards the door, quickly turning into a massive, fiery explosion, knocking the door off it's hinges and incinerating everything around it.

Danny rocketed up from his bed, catapulting Izzi off him and face first into the wall across the room. Jolting from his daze, Danny scrambled to the edge of the bed and peered over it, looking down at Izzi lying on the ground.

"Izzi, are you okay!?" He exclaimed urgently, completely ignoring Ken in the background. His voice was very soft, and had an airy sound to it. Izzi let out a loud groan and sat up. A noticeable red mark was on her forehead. A kind smile spread across Danny's face as he dashed out of the bed and picked up Izzi. Unlike Ken, who was well mannered and took time to style his orange hair, Danny took no care whatsoever to do any sort of hygiene, leaving his naturally turquoise colored hair in a wild mess.

"Good morning sunshine." Ken said, his arms crossed. Danny cradled Izzi in his arms like a baby and confronted Ken.

"Now look what you did!" He exclaimed, gently rubbing Izzi's forehead and paying no attention to his, now destroyed, door. Ken rolled his eyes.

"You know, if you actually took the time to go to bed early and practice basic hygiene, I wouldn't have to blow your door away every few days." Ken replied. Danny stuck his tongue out at him.

"So, hothead, what's for breakfast?" He asked.