Part 24: This story was already messed up when I made it. I swear

"This plan of yours is crazy..." Danny mumbled from behind his mask. Just as him, Izzi and Ken crept back to the trail, a very large hord of Hellific appeared walking the opposite direction. The three of them stuck close together and slowly walked through the mob. The sounds of the Hellific moaning was nearly deafening. Danny held his breath, finding it difficult to breath in his mask without making noise. He held Izzi close to his chest tightly. It wasn't long before the Hellific had completely past. As soon as they were out of the mob, Danny let out a huge sigh. His heart was racing and sweat was pouring off his body. Izzi squirmed from Danny's grip.

"As if breathing in this mask wasn't hard enough!" She exclaimed quietly. Danny loosened his grip on her. She took his a large gasp of breath. Ken turned around and looked at the mob.

"I'm a little curious why they are heading towards Vitiosis. Didn't they initially start in our original town?" Ken asked.

"Necrosse and Zaneth could have easily spread it somewhere else." Danny replied.

Ken nodded and walked away from the hord. Danny quickly followed with Izzi in hand.While walking down the trail, a cold wind brushed past them. Danny shivered.

"As soon as we get to the next place, I'm buying a sweater." He said. Ken nodded, he was shivering even harder.

"You sure you have the money?" Ken chattered. Danny stuffed his hand in his pocket and pulled a large wad of money that he had collected before they left their house. Ken's eyes widened.

"I came prepared Ken, what do you take me for? A lazy and irresponsible person?" Danny asked sarcastically.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Ken replied with a blank look. 

After a few brief seconds, to make sure the Hellific group had past completely and was far enough away, Ken took off his mask and took in a deep breath. 

"I won't make a habit of wearing this thing. It's so hard to breath." He said. Danny looked at him from behind his own mask.

"I don't know Ken, aside from that, I feel like I could do a lap around the continent." He replied.

"Danny, you always feel like that." Ken said. Danny laughed out loud, which quickly turned to a painful scream as Ken ripped the mask off his face.

"It's possible that if we leave these things on for too long, it could infect us." Ken said. Danny bit down and stopped screaming.

"You have a point there." He said, gently taking Izzi's mask off.

As it was starting to get dark out, several large buildings came into view. Danny put his arms up in triumph.

"We made it!" He said, exhaustively. Ken put his arm around Danny's shoulder.

"I can't go on... I'm so tired." He said. Danny rolled his eyes and pressed his hand to Ken's waist. Ken jumped away from Danny in shock, as Danny had zapped him.

"How do you feel now?" Danny said with a big smile on his face.

"After we get a good nights sleep, I'm going to fry your butt for that." Ken said. Danny laughed.

"Butter me up, sunshine." He replied.

Ken slapped himself and walked into the city.Unlike the Vitiosis and Karic, this city was very clean and well kept. Tall buildings lined the trail and lamps dotted the sidewalks that were next to the trail. Also, the buildings were much bigger than in Vitiosis, towering over them like skyscrapers.