Part 30: This place isn't so bad

Izzi fell on her back into the snow from exhaustion. Sui leaned over her.

"Have fun?" He asked. Izzi closed her eyes and nodded. Sui chuckled and scooped her up into his arms.

"Well I have dinner ready. How about you come in?"Izzi relaxed into Sui's arms as he walked into his house. Inside, the smell of seasoned meat tickled at Izzi's nose. Sui sat her in a booster seat at his table and then placed a plate of what appeared to be steak and mashed potatoes. Izzi looked at her plate with unease.

"What's wrong?" Sui asked. Izzi pointed to her face, showing that her mask was still attached to her. Sui frowned.

"You'll just have to live with it for now. I don't want to hurt you."Izzi's ears drooped. She then clutched her mask and starting vigorously pulling on it. Sui stood up and rushed over to her. To his suprise though, the mask tore off of Izzi's face. Izzi sat in her seat, breathing heavily and holding the Hellific mask in her arms. Sui gasped.

"It's you...!"

Izzi turned ot him.

"It's me?" She replied. Sui shook his head.

"I saw you with that turquoise boy in Vitiosis!" Sui said, appalled.

"I don't remember seeing you in Vitiosis..." Izzi replied. Sui shook his head.

"You weren't conscious at the time. But, now that I know who your partner is, I can go and find him for you."Izzi smiled, but then paused.

"Sui, did you ever have a partner?" Izzi suddenly asked. Sui gasped slightly at the question.

"Yeah, at one point, I did."

"One point? What happened?"

"He died, years ago. I still think about him every now and then. I actually have a picture of him." Sui stood up and left the room. He came back in holding a picture that appeared to be very old. It was yellow, torn and looked as if it was over 100 years old. Pictured in it was an Emental with large cat-like ears and a membrane that spanned from their hands to their feet. The membrane, his wings, had two very large menacing eyes on them. Also his tail appeared to be very long and had a massive hook at the end. On his head was a large black line that moved down his forehead, giving the impression of eyebrows. He was flying in the picture with a big happy smile.

"What's his name?" Izzi asked. Sui looked at the picture and smiled sweetly.

"Aerometus. Picture the fastest thing you can imagine, he would always be faster. He could break the sound barrier and was probably the nicest Emental you would ever meet."

"He looks very cute." Izzi said, giggling. Sui laughed.

"Well he was very popular with the ladies back then."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did he die?"

Sui's face grew dim.

"He was murdered..."

Izzi gasped loudly.

"How!?"

Sui put the picture down and closed his eyes.

"It's not a memory I like remembering..."

Izzi shook her head.

"It's okay! Let's change the subject." She suggested sheepishly. She desperatley looked around the room for something to talk about, when she saw a picture of another emental hanging on a wall nearby. Unlike the picture of Aerometus, this picture depicted an emental wearing armor and a large spiked crown. His armor looked very pointed and smooth, almost like royalty.