Part 25: I am so sorry

Hot water continued to spray over Danny and Izzi as Danny sat down on the tile floor with Izzi in his arms.

"To be quite honest, this apocalypse thing isn't really setting in for me."

Izzi opened her eyes fully and looked up at him.

"Of course, you would be thinking of that."

Danny laughed and reached towards a small ledge in the wall with several different bottles of shampoo and conditioner. He grabbed a pink bottle and squeezed some of it's translucent pink contents into his hand. He then lathered Izzi's fur until almost her entire head was covered in suds. Izzi twitched one of her ears, flinging some soap on Danny's face. Danny stood up and grabbed the shower nozzle and aimed it at Izzi's head, spraying her face and rinsing the suds off. He then sat back down.

"Why don't you go down and give Ken some company while I finish up?" Danny said. Izzi nodded and hopped out of the shower. She then climbed up onto the counter and dried herself, to which her fur fluffed out, making her ears appear even bigger than they already are.

"Don't take too long." She said, look back at Danny, butt  quickly jerking her head away. "I forgot you were naked..." Danny laughed as Izzi left the room.While walking towards the wooden stairs, Izzi's ear twitched again. She turned around and noticed one of the doors barely opened. Inside she could hear a familiar voice talking. She crept along the hardwood floor until she was right next to the opening, but behind the door itself. She peered in and saw Necrosse. Izzi covered her mouth and gasped. Necrosse immediately turned to the door and looked at her.

"Well, looks like we have a little spy." He said with a cocky grin. He kicked open the door, launching Izzi against the wall on the opposite side of the hall, knocking her out.

Necrosse stepped out into the hallway and stood over Izzi's unconscious body. He picked her up by her neck and held her by his face.

"And what do you know, it's the little emental girl that we all know and love." Necrosse said as he took out a Hellific mask and pressed it onto her face. Her body instantly turned grey. Necrosse laughed and sat her on his shoulder.

"Necrosse, what are you doing?" Necrosse smiled as Izzi moaned slightly and sat up, still sitting on his shoulder.

"I have to say, she is really cute. Can you program her so she just stays here?"

Zaneth slapped himself and then placed his forefinger on Izzi's mask. Izzi immediatly scooted closer to Necrosse's neck, balancing herself.

Ken sat in the corner of the inn, mindlessly rummaging through his bag. He looked up and saw Danny, who was still wet, standing over him.

"Have you seen Izzi?" He asked. Ken raised an eyebrow.

"She's not with you?"

"I sent her out to you, didn't you see her?"

Ken gave Danny a concerned look.

"The only person to walk from that hallway was you I think."

The bartender suddenly chimed in from the bar counter.

"Actually there was one other person lad. Though, your head was in your bag at the moment. It looked like your emental friend was on his shoulder."

Danny looked up and turned to him.
"Thanks, but I'm sure she's just lost."

"You sure? I could have sworn I saw her on the shoulder of that silver dude."

Color drained from Danny's face. He quickly but silently walked over to the bartender, his face completely emotionless."Did this man have black stripes?" He said monotonously. The bartender nodded. "Which direction did they go?"

"The went towards the city center. It's almost curfew though so I can't let you--"

Danny turned away and violently ran out of the Inn.

"Where are you going!?" Ken exclaimed, running after him, but stopping just outside the inn.

Danny ran out into the street, which was barely lit by a flickering street lamp. He looked around and noticed two silhouettes in the distance. Electricity uncontrollably crackled off his body as he ran at full speed towards them.

Necrosse, suddenly heard footsteps running towards him, turned around to see Danny charging at him with bloodshot eyes. Danny threw a crackling punch at Necrosse, hitting him directly in the face and launching him several feet away with a massive explosion. Zaneth looked at Danny, who was less than a foot away from him, with a suprised look. Danny shifted his look to Zaneth, to which he briskly fled to Necrosse's aid."Where is she!?" Danny exclaimed, his voice was distorted and cracked. Necrosse sat up, his entire frontal barrier was severly cracked.

Necrosse snapped his fingers, Izzi appeared from the smoke behind him and perched on his shoulder. Danny's arms drooped. All the energy he had to fight drained from his body. Zaneth looked towards Danny and chuckled.

"I think you broke him." He remarked. Danny fell to his knees, staring at Izzi. A tear fell down his face. Necrosse stood up and got his balance. He then hobbled over to Danny and lifted his chin up to face him with a mask in hand.

A sudden fireball suddenly struck behind Necrosse, generating an explosion and threw both Necrosse and Zaneth onto the ground. Behind Danny, running, was Ken. In Ken's hands were  two fireballs, which he was bombarding towards the aliens. Necrosse and Zaneth both stumbled to their legs and ran away. Ken quickly got to his knees and checked Danny over.

"What happened?" Ken asked.

"They have her..." Danny said, his voice was low and cracking. "She's turned into one of the Hellific."Ken gasped and hugged Danny tightly, who shoved him away and stood up. He began walking, but Ken stepped in front of him.

"Don't. She's been infected, there is nothing else we can do."

Danny attempted to push Ken aside, who held Danny's arms against his body.

"Get out of my way."

"Danny stop. You need to focus."Danny jerked out of Ken's grip.

"I said get out of my way!" Danny screamed in Ken's face.

"What are you going to do when you catch them? Did you think of that!?"

"There has to be a cure!"

"Danny, from what we know, there is no cure!"

Tears streamed down Danny's face as he broke down on Ken, sobbing.