Part 35: This is one annoying girl

Danny, Ken and Izzi slept side by side on a grassy flat that extended around them as far as the eye can see. Around them, was a large ice bubble that was about as large as a small house. It shone light through it like a kaleidoscope all over it's interior. Under their heads, were several bags, including rations, clothing, and your typical survival gear.A sudden rumbling sound shook the entire bubble, jolting Ken and Izzi awake. Danny was snoring. Ken sat up and stared at Danny.

"How do you sleep with this guy?" He asked. Izzi laughed.

"I sort of got used to it over the years." She replied, standing over Danny's torso and shaking his head. Danny's eyes opened slightly. He quickly jolted straight up, launching Izzi onto the ground.

"Why are you guys being so loud?" Danny stretched his arms out and yawned. Ken and Izzi exchanged glances, and then laughed.

"Well, what do you say we get on the road?" Ken asked. Danny nodded and turned around, noticing at least 2 new bags behind them.

"Looks like Sui gave us some extra supplies." He remarked, rummaging through them. He then saw a paper note, lying on the ground next to him. Danny picked it up and read it aloud.

"Good luck to you guys. As a little "Sui Tip" try to not get caught by the Hellific, I'm still not 100% sure if you're totally immune, so just be careful. Use the Earth Emental Stone to your advantage to gain some footing around threats like them. Don't worry about Izzi while she's using it, the stone will wire basic Earth Magic incantations into her memory upon use."Ken raised his eyebrows.

"Sui really knows how to strategize." He remarked. Danny and Izzi laughed and turned to the ice shell that domed over them.

"Alright, now that we have everything ready, how about we bust out of this thing?" Danny asked. He pressed his hand against the cold crusty interior and sent several hundred watts of electricity through it, causing it to shatter into mere dust. Izzi flew up onto Danny's head and rode Danny away from Ken, who looked at Sui's note that Danny had left behind.

"Hey, where are you idiots going?" Ken suddenly asked. Danny stopped and turned around.

"To get the Emental Stones." Danny remarked happily. Ken put his hands on his hips and raised an eyebrow.

"And that is... where exactly?"

Danny paused for several seconds and then hung his head in defeat.

"Good point."

Danny re-entered the ice dome and rummaged through one his new bags for another possible note.

"I'm sure Sui wouldn't just send us off without anything to go off of." Ken said. Danny nodded and dumped all the clothing inside the bag onto the ground.

"Nothing in this one." He announced. Ken stood up from having his head literally in a bag and shook his head.

"I guess we're on our own for now." He said. Izzi's ears drooped. Danny petted her head and gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure we'll easily find it with you being able to tell where they are. All we have to do is run you around Sandibar like a metal detector." Ken said, scratching his head.

"Yeah, we can also add on some metal bars to make you look like a real metal detector." Danny laughed. Ken slapped himself and let out a soft groan.

"It's good to know you're in high spirits." He muttered. A sudden pounding sound reverberated across the dome. Everyone immediately went on high alert as they glared at the silhouette outside the dome that seemed to knocking on it. The silhouette then suddenly turned and started skipping to the opening of the dome. Fire enveloped Ken's hands as he pointed them at where the silhouette would reveal itself.An eerie silence fell over them. Aside from the rapid thumping that seemed almost inhuman from Danny's heart and the rustling grass outside, it was very quiet and tense.