Part 38: The next stone

Danny, Ken and Leela stood in front of a large ancient looking chest. Sitting on Danny's head was Izzi, ruffling his hair. The room around them was musty and quite old looking. On one side, was a wooden desk with several papers and artifacts that related to some religion. The priest that they had met in the main hall was standing over a chest, straining to open it. Ken hesitated.

"Uh, do you want any help with that?" He asked. The priest shook his head.

"This is hallowed ground, and this chest is extremely sacred to us. Only the holy ones can touch-- it." He grunted, the chest finally opened all the way. Danny and Leela stood awkwardly together, completely silent. The tension in the air could be cut with a knife. A sudden thud against the door behind them could be heard. Another Hellific seemed to have found them. The priest stood up from the chest with a medium sized scroll in hand. He approached Ken and opened it, revealing it's contents to him.

"I believe this is what you want." He said, out of breath. Ken took the scroll and examined it. On it was a massive picture of a lake with a glowing orb in it's center. On the side were several ancient characters that Ken could not decipher. The priest straightened his back and then let out a huff.

"Is that all you will need? Do you want to rob me of any other priceless relics?" He asked in annoyance. Danny gave the priest a sheepish smile.

"Don't think of it like that. With this we can possibly save the world. Now you should find a place to hole up, because this apocalypse thing could take a while." He said. Ken turned around and nodded to Danny, who turned around and opened the door behind them. The Hellific stumbled through the door way and looked up at Danny. He took two fingers and pointed them at the Hellifics forehead. In an instant, a massive charge of electricity shot out of his fingers and struck the Hellific down. Danny carefully tiptoed over the now motionless Hellific and then extended his arm to Leela. Ken turned back to the priest and bowed. He then ran towards Danny and Leela and out of the room, leaving the priest awestruck and speechless. A shadow suddenly past through the light that was cast through a window nearby. The priest looked outside and saw what appeared to be a gigantic black dragon.

Necrosse suddenly heard a knock in his motel room. Him and Zaneth had landed to gather information and decided to stay a few nights at a motel that they had also just infected with Hellific. The room had a pale green wallpaper and was very dusty. On one of the two beds was Zaneth, sound asleep. Necrosse stood up from his own bed and walked over the door. Upon opening it, he was greeted with the Hellific Dragons gigantic face, as well as a deafening roar. Several globs of dragon slobber flew onto Necrosse's face as he braced himself from the dragon's bellow.

"Zaneth if we don't get this monster some breath freshener I'm going to die over here." He said. Zaneth, who was jolted awake from the dragon let out a yawn and rubbed his eyes.

"Could you repeat that? A little louder this time." He asked blankly. Necrosse opened his mouth in annoyance but was immediately shushed by Zaneth. "Not you, my dragon." Necrosse turned back to the Hellific Dragon with a impending doom expression, which roared in his face once more, flinging more slobber on his mask and literally causing him to fly across the room and against the room's wall. Zaneth shot up with his eyes widened.

"They what!?" He exclaimed. The dragon drew it's head back to roar against, but was met with Necrosse quickly dashing across the room and slamming the door in it's face. He then held the door closed with all his might as the dragons roar shot through the door and into the room.

"Care to translate?" Necrosse grunted.

"Danny and Ken know where the next Emental Stone is." He replied. Necrosse wiped his face and mask and then smeared it on the green wall.

"Couldn't your pet have told you that without blasting my  eardrums!?" He exclaimed. Zaneth laughed and hopped up.

"Nope." Necrosse noticed that Zaneth still had a suspicious smirk on his face. He raised an eyebrow.

"You have that look. What do you have now?" Necrosse asked.

"I have a new Hellific for you. It's much more intelligent that the others and is capable of speech. I took inspiration from it with the Hellific back in the Karic Museum."

"You already told me." Necrosse replied. Zaneth raised an eyebrow and paused himself.

"Oh, so I have." He then notice Necrosse giving him a scornful expression.

"Where is it?" He hissed. Zaneth sighed in defeat.

"It's in the bathroom."

Necrosse folded his arms.

"Is that why our bathroom is out of order and we had to use the one in the office?" He asked. Zaneth nodded innocently. Necrosse turned around towards the bathroom door behind him. He opened it and saw a gigantic monster towering over him. It's head was easily bigger than Necrosse's chest and it's mouth that spread from each side of it's head and was riddled with large, sharp, white teeth. It's body looked bear-like, but was completely black and had a few Hellific masks covering it's shoulders and chest.

All color drained for Necrosse's face as the monster slowly stepped out of the bathroom and towards Necrosse. From there, he could see it's massive, black, claws.

"Zaneth." Necrosse said in a high tone. "I hate you so much."