Part 33: :)

A sudden stir in Izzi's massive bed jerked her awake. She had fallen asleep the previous night in a large bed in Sui's house. It was very comfy, being made of wood and had a massive black and white animal pelt on it. It was quite old fashioned and was sat near a wooden wall. The room was quite empty and dark. Next to the bed was a simple looking wood nightstand with a few carvings of various snow animals.Izzi sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Did you fall asleep while caring for me, Sui?" Izzi asked sleepily.

"Who're you calling Sui?" Danny asked, lying next to her, facing away from Izzi. Izzi's ears shot up. Both her and Danny sat up from their spot on the bed and stared at each other for several seconds. Danny's mouth was gaping open.

"I-Izzi?" Danny stammered. His eyes were shot wide open. Izzi suddenly lept at Danny's face, clinging to him and vigorously rubbing her head on his face. Danny wrapped his arms around her and forcefully lied back onto the bed and cuddled up to her.

"You're alive!?" Danny exclaimed. Izzi kissed his nose.

"Looks like you are too!" She said joyfully. Danny held her up in the air and looked over her body.

"What did that monster, Necrosse, do to you?" Danny asked. Izzi extended her right wing, revealing a massive gauz pad covering the hole in her wing, it still hadn't healed fully. Danny gasped.

"He shot me." Izzi said solemnly. Danny examined her wing.

"Can I?" He motioned to look under the gauz. Izzi nodded. Danny peeled the tape securing it off Izzi's wing and then moved the pad away. Her wing had a medium size hole in it that was inflamed and scabbed all over. It looked quite gruesome. Danny clenched his teeth and replaced the gauz. Izzi retracted her wing as Danny held her to his chest.

"I'll never leave you alone again." Danny said softly. Izzi smiled and nuzzled him.

"Things will get awkward when I get a boyfriend then." Izzi laughed. Danny cleared his throat and pointed to himself. "You're my partner, not my boyfriend. But believe me, if you were an emental, we would be together till the end of time."Danny chuckled and held her tighter to his chest.

"Well until then, you're mine." Danny said. Izzi's ear suddenly twitched and turned. Both her and Danny looked towards the doorway out of the room and saw Sui looking at them with an accomplished grin. He was dressed in a light blue onesie that covered his hands and feet. His hair was no longer tied up and hung straight down behind him. He could easily be mistaken for a girl.

"It's about time you saw me." He remarked. Danny dropped Izzi onto the bed and hid his hands behind his back.

"You didn't see anything!" He said. Sui stepped into the room and sat at the bedside.

"Don't worry about it. Your relationship is none of my concern, it's not even taboo." He said. Danny let out a loud exhale and relaxed himself. Izzi moved herself to sit in Danny's lap and plopped down onto him. Danny suddenly perked up.

"Wait, what happened? How did I even get here?" Danny asked. Sui slapped himself.

"You've been awake for 10 minutes and you just thought of that?"

"I had better, and much cuter, things to pay attention to!" Danny exclaimed, motioning to Izzi. Sui laughed and adjusted himself on the bedside.

"I saw your souls on the mountain-side and decided to go and grab you." Sui replied, his eyes flashing white just briefly. Danny raised an eyebrow.

"You just decided to save us? You make it sound like you're just going to pick up fast food." Danny said. "Speaking of which, that begs the question: What is this little cutie doing here?" Danny asked, playing with Izzi's ears. Izzi giggled and grabbed his hands.