Part 28: Pure White

Izzi sat up from her pillow and faced the man.

"I probably should introduce myself, I'm Sui." He said. Izzi smiled behind her mask.

"I'm Izzi. Thank you for taking care of me, Sui."Sui blushed.

"Alright, you appear to be stronger, let's try and get you on your feet." Sui said holding his hands out in front of her. Izzi gripped Sui's hands and shakily stood up and walked towards him, using Sui's arms for balance. Sui started lowering his arms, allowing Izzi to stand on her own.

"So, tell me about those guys who were chasing you." Sui said, his voice suddenly colder. Izzi's ears drooped.

"They're aliens. We sort of have a history with them."

Sui's eyes widened.

"You know them?"

"Yeah. Danny, Ken and I were in Civitas when I found them at in a room talking. We were under the same roof for a while and didn't even know it. However, when Necrosse saw me, he knocked me out and turned me into a Hellific."Sui scratched his head.

"That's another thing. Why aren't you mindless like the others?"

"Honestly, I don't know."Sui leaned closer to Izzi and squinted his eyes which suddenly glowed white.

"Other than being black, your soul isn't anything unique. Having a black soul shouldn't affect how a disease treats you. Did anything happen to you prior to the events at Civitas?"

Izzi thought for a long while.

"Yeah, while on the road, we found a beehive with black honey. When we ate it, Hellific masks grew on our faces, but we didn't turn."

"You found a hive with black honey and your first thought was to eat it?" Sui gave Izzi a stupid look. Izzi shook her head in embarresment.

"No! Danny was looking at it from below and some dripped into his mouth accidentally. It really scared us."

Sui crossed his arms and closed his eyes.

"This whole charade with aliens is very strange." He replied.

The night at the Inn was very long. Fortunately though, Danny was finally able to get some rest and seemed to be coping with his loss.

Ken stretched out from the corner of the inn and yawned loudly. It was very early and the sun hadn't risen yet. Ken turned to Danny, who was fast asleep right next to him. He placed his hand on Danny's shoulder and shook it.

"Hey, wake up." He said. Danny mumbled and flicked Ken's hand off him. Ken scowled, but then sighed. He lied back down, since it wasn't like any of the places outside were open anyway. After several minutes, Ken sat back up and scratched his head.

"Usually the bartender comes out right about now..." He said. Suddenly gunshots echoed throughout the inn. Ken jerked up and looked towards the entrance and saw 3 Hellific outside. Ken began to frantically shake Danny.

"Danny, wake up. We need to go."

Danny swatted Ken's hand away again. Suddenly, a banging sound came from the inn's entrance door. It then fell off it's hinges and several Hellific barged through the entrance. Ken whipped his hands in front of him, firing several fireballs at the Hellific, causing them to stumble back and moan loudly.

"Danny, the Hellific are in the building!"

Danny's eyes shot open as he stood straight up. Hatred was in his eyes as electricity uncontrollably crackled all over his body. A single Hellific charged at Danny, who quickly uppercutted it's jaw and then kicked it in mid air, launching it all the way across the room. Danny then ran towards the remaining Hellific, turning into a whirlwind of punches and kicks. It wasn't long before all the Hellific were laying motionless on the ground with Ken staring in awe at Danny's handiwork.