Part 23: Nothing a little honey can't fix

"I'd like to propose that instead of waking up Excalibur here, we first take him and the stones back to my home planet, and then we wake him up there." Necrosse said trying to compromise. Him, Zaneth and Sui were standing in a circle in the snow on the mountainside of Cyoria. The Hellific Dragon was nowhere in sight.

"My purpose is to keep Excalibur asleep. He cannot wake up at all." Sui replied. Necrosse groaned.

"Listen, my mission is to awaken Excalibur and bring him back to my planet. If I go back without him I will get in huge trouble. Possibly even demoted." Necrosse said. Sui raised an eyebrow.

"And...?"

"What I'm saying is that I'm just following orders. I don't want to die just because I was doing my job."

Sui nodded.

"You have a point. Tell you what, if you manage to actually find all the stones, then we can talk more on this matter. I want to see if you're actually able to complete your mission without my interferance."

Necrosse looked at Sui with a unsure look.

"What makes you say that?

"It's been a while since I felt your soul hit this world and in all that time you managed to find 1 stone. Besides, even if you did find all the stones, if you step out of line I can just kick your butt in an instant and confiscate them all."

Necrosse paused.

"I'm... not really sure what to say to that."

Sui shushed him.

"Then you can just shut up an leave. Good luck finding those Emental Stones." Sui said in a mocking tone. He then vanished into thin air. Zaneth started shivering from the cold, Necrosse smacked him across his head.

"Don't you even start." He scolded.

Danny sat up from the grass and rubbed his eyes. He hadn't gotten much sleep last night due to the noise that exploded near him all night. Danny leaned over Ken and shook him till he was awake.

"What do you want?" Ken moaned.

"You are never serving us beans unless we are in separate rooms." Danny said. Ken laughed tiredly and drifted back to sleep. Danny stood up and stretched his limbs. He then looked out past the river and noticed it was almost mid day. The river was sparkling in the sun light and cast a glare on the bushes that surrounded the clearance in the trees. Ken suddenly farted, ruining Danny's trance with the beauty of the world around him. Danny whipped around and zapped him with a lightning bolt. Ken shot up and started shaking uncontrollably.

"What was that for!?" He exclaimed after he stopped his convulsing.

"It's almost mid day. We need to get going. God knows how far the Hellific have gotten."Ken nodded as Danny picked up Izzi, who was still asleep.Ken peeked his head outside the entrance to the clearing. No Hellific in sight. He motioned for Danny to move up and hide behind one of the trees that dotted the area around them. Suddenly, a single Hellific jumped at Danny as he reached the tree. Danny screamed and shoved the Hellific off him, dropping Izzi in the process. He scrambled away before he realized she was missing. Looking back, he saw the Hellific just about to infect her. Danny brought his hands together and fired a single lightning bolt at the Hellific, hitting it directly in the mask and sending it several feet away. Danny ran towards Izzi and picked her up.

"Are you okay?" Danny asked. Izzi's were petrified open.

"Well I was sleeping peacefully, but then I woke up to see the last thing that I would ever want to see." She replied. Danny gave her a blank look.