Part 19: Let's take a nice soothing jog

"You know what confuses me?" Necrosse said. Him and Zaneth had landed in a forest to take a break. Zaneth was leaning on a tree while Necrosse sat in the grass.

"What?" Zaneth asked.

"This Sui person keeps bugging us about Excalibur, but he doesn't seem to care about the Hellific." Zaneth's eyes widened.

"Hey yeah, it does look like that." Zaneth thought for several moments, when a cold breeze suddenly brushed past them.

"Heard you were talking about me." Sui said from behind the tree Zaneth was leaning on. Zaneth screamed and jumped away from the tree. Necrosse stood up from his spot.

"I could feel your presence through my suit." Sui scratched his white hair.

"Yeah, it's difficult to hide my frigidness." He then turned serious. "So, you're wondering why I don't do anything about your disease?" Sui said as he walked out from behind the tree.

"You said your purpose was to keep Excalibur asleep, you seem like a guardian, but why does a person of your strength do nothing about the end of the world?" Necrosse said. Sui eyed him from under his umbrella-like hat.

"You're bad at lying. It's not the end of the world." Necrosse cocked his head.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"You're saying it's the end of the world, but despite this I can still see the souls of every person infected. And to me, they seem perfectly healthy." Necrosse smiled sheepishly.

"Oh you can see souls? How surprising." He said sarcastically.

"From what I've gathered, alien, you aren't here to conquer or hurt anyone. You're here to do something that no one should be able to detect. Including me." Necrosse gave Sui a blank stare.

"Wow, he managed to shut you up." Zaneth remarked. Necrosse growled at him and turned back to Sui.

"So, since I have you where you are, why don't you enlighten me fully why you're here." Sui said. Necrosse held his finger up and shook it in Sui's face.

"I'm not telling you anything." As soon as he finished his sentence, his body was already frozen neck down. Sui cleared his throat and crossed his arms. "Fine." Necrosse huffed.

Ken slowly walked out of the alleyway with Nina carefully cradled in his arms. Her breathing was shaky and she was in obvious discomfort.

"What have you been giving her since you've been here?" Ken asked. Rose trailed behind him.

"Sometimes pain killers to reduce her pain, but whatever is wrong with her is getting worse." She replied. Ken nodded.

"You said there was a hospital in this town right?" Rose pointed to a building with a massive red cross on top of it. Ken clenched Nina close to him as he jogged towards the hospital. Rose chased after him and stopped him.

"What are you doing? You know full well they won't take her." Ken grinned and held one of his hands up. In it, formed a ball of fire.

"I have my ways." He replied. Rose shook her head and closed Ken's hand, extinguishing the flame.

"You're crazy! Don't hold up a hospital just to help us!" Ken shushed her.

"I'm already a wanted fugitive in this town, and the world is ending. It's the least I could do." Rose moaned in front of him.

"Fine, but you better not get arrested." Ken smiled sheepishly.

"I'll do my best." He said as he turned back towards the hospital and walked through the glass doors.Inside, the entire room was a pale greyish-white. On one side of the room was a carpeted area with several plush couches. The waiting section. Then in the center of the room was a desk with two nurses stationed side by side. The sounds of people coughing echoed throughout the room every few seconds. Ken approached the nurses with Nina in his arms. The nurses gasped upon seeing her.

"Oh my... what happened!?" One of them exclaimed. She instantly stood up and snatched Nina out of Ken's hands before he could say a word. The other nurse looked over Nina's body.

"How long has this poor thing been this way?" She asked.

"About 3 months." Rose replied. Both nurses and Ken stared at her in disbelief. One of the nurses picked up a phone and dialed a number on it.

"We need a bed and an IV out in the waiting room, stat." Ken turned to Rose with a vacant expression.

"You said they wouldn't take her."

"I didn't think they would be like this..." Ken cut her off.

"You mean you didn't take her here in the first place!?"

"It's not like I have any money!" One of the nurses cut into the conversation.

"Listen, if you have no money, you can repay us in other ways. What matters is that your friend here brought your emental here. Now we can treat her." Ken turned to Rose with a smug grin. Rose scoffed slightly and looked away.

"Alright... if I were Ken, where would I go after being chased by a giant monster that could have killed me that is also incidentally hexproof?" Danny asked himself. Izzi put her head on her hands.

"That's a difficult question." A sudden moaning sound broke their train of thought.

"What was that?" Danny asked. An obvious uneasiness could be heard in his voice.

"I really hope they aren't already here." Izzi said, just as uneasy as Danny. In the horizon, a black silhouette slowly appeared.

"They're here..." He uttered. Danny turned away from the Hellific mob and ran towards the office. Inside, Aki was sitting at his desk writing things down on a clipboard. He looked up at Danny through his mask.

"Greetings Mr. Latrine. You look really distressed. Are you okay?" Danny slammed his hands onto the desk in front of Aki.

"Aki, we need to evacuate the town, immediately!" Aki cocked his head.

"Why?" A black body suddenly appeared in the doorway. A Hellific infected person.

"That's why." Danny said as electricity crackled in his hands. Izzi jumped onto the desk in front of Aki.

"Danny should be able to hold them off while you get all the inhabitants to evacuate." Aki glowered down at Izzi.

"Y-you're a girl!?" Izzi slapped herself.

"Now is not the time! Everyone's going to die!" The Hellific in the room suddenly lunged at Danny. Danny jumped to the side, causing the Hellific to miss and fall to the tiled floor. He then thrusted his hand towards the Hellific, causing a massive lightning bolt to strike the Hellifics head with a loud bang, leaving a black residue on the tiles from the instantanious heat. The Hellific's body went limp and stopped moaning.

"What is going on!?" Aki exclaimed. Danny grabbed Aki's arm and pulled him out of the office with Izzi flying after them.

"End of the world." Danny said. Outside, Hellific were already corrupting people. Screams echoed throughout the town, and then went silent.