f o u r

Esme's POV

Today is the fourth day that I haven't seen Lisa and it worries me to death. I just know that she's been transffered to the main mansion where the Don resides. I tried to steal some information about Lisa's condition from Lucas but he is too adamant not to tell me anything. Slaves like me can't just walk in freely to the main mansion unless we are obliged to. Slaves who can get in the main mansion are specifically chosen and whose loyalty has been tested in time.

I take a deep sigh as I continue washing the dishes. It is true that Don has his wicked ways but I've been here for long that I understand why the Don has acted in ways that the outsider's eyes won't understand. The Don can be frightening and has a spoiled attitude but deep inside I know he is a good man.

If only people can see beyond his harsh words and belligerent ways, you can see the he does these things for a reason.

But unfortunately, people who understand him are only those who cares for him truly. Most of them says I might be blinded and stupid. But in this harsh world, being stupid would be a better choice. If being stupid could make you happy i'll take that without a second thought even if I know it doesn't have a good end.

I am irrevocably in love with him. I know loving him will be my doom and it is a risk I am willing to take anytime.

A knock in the door startles me so I quickly take a turn to see who is it. Lucas is standing beside the door with his fat belly protruding showing the buttons of his shirt seem to pop out anytime. I want to roll my eyes but I refrain from doing it because I still need the info from him about dear Lisa.

"Good news for you!" He says annoyed. I furrow my eyebrows waiting for him to continue his news.

"Madame Nicole wants someone to help the fresh meat to get a grip of herself. Sounds like newbie is not having a good time there." He laughs out loud as I scoffs in disgust to his horrendous attitude. Worries sets in to me as I immediately dries my soaked hands to see Lisa.

"Can I go now?" I say with slight desperation. I need to help Lisa, I know she needs it so badly for them to be needing my help.

"Sure. Follow me." He says dryly.

As we reach the main mansion, I can't help but be awed by its elegance and beauty. I try to wander my eyes to see the Don's presence but unfortunately he isn't here. I was hoping to see even just for a glimpse. While trying to dismiss the disappointment of not seeing him I follow Lucas towards the last room in the hallway.

"I'll give you an hour." He says to me in a bossy manner. I wait for him to leave first before I hastily opens Lisa's door. My eyes scan wildly inside the room. It is small and plain but still way better than her past room. It got a one bunk bed on the side and very small window facing the garden. There is a small cabinet on the far end of the room and a mirror on the opposite side of the window.

There I see a silhoutte of Lisa's crouched body, legs curled to her chest as if she is trying to hold herself from breaking. My eyes get teary as pity for her drowns in me.

What the hell did they do to her?

I slowly take a step towards her and touches her head. She flinches. She then slowly moves her head to see who touched her and I almost cried when I see blankness in her pale blue eyes.

"Lisa..I'm here. Please wake up." I know she is wide awake but my words are meant to wake her up from her reverie. And with that her eyes starts to well from tears and her body starts to tremble. In instinct, I wrap my arms to her shaking body, hugging her tightly and whispering calming words in my attempt to soothe her.