t w e n t y - n i n e

Recap:

Theo helped Lisa to hide from the Don inside his room causing him to be sent into punishment and be removed from his position.

Do you know that sometimes a few said words can affect you greatly and somehow change your perspective? Well, it happened to me today and I never thought it can sway me that great. So let me share to you what had happened after I came running out from Theo's room after the heated exhange between me and the Don.

In the search of finding a safe place away from the Don's grasp I still ended up in my room and as soon as I saw my bed, I dive into it and I let my pillow absorbs
all the tears that is still overflowing non stop from my eyes.

A liter of tears is an understatement.

I know I am in deep shit from running away from the Don again for the nth time but the guilt of putting a friend in danger is eating me alive.

My sobs fill the room making my ears deaf from it. How could he do that to Theo? He is one of his most hardworking men. Unlike others, Theo has his own principles and not just a kiss ass employee of the Don and I know Theo earned the Don's respect for that and I messed it all up.

I just don't understand a tyrant's logic.

I am still busy crying over Theo with my back facing the door that I didn't notice someone's presence moving towards me. I already feel the person's presence but I still didn't mind it even when I felt the bed dipped from the intruder's weight.

I flinch when a large hand caress the side of my face, my back facing him. The touch is all familiar to me so there is no need to guess anymore who the person is. His touch is already etched at the back of my mind that I will never forget it.

"Lisa look at me." The Don orders in a suprisingly undemanding way, in contrast of how vicious his tone was towards me moments ago.

I open my eyes but I turn my back to him even more since I can't muster to look at his face yet after what he did to Theo.

I hear him sigh deeply but he continues to caress my face gently wiping the still pouring tears from eyes.

"My temper isn't my best attributes you know that." He says after a few moments of silence. From the corner of my eyes, I can see him runs his fingers through his already disheveled hair showing his slight discomfort and confusion of how he'll explain himself.

Is he trying to explain himself? I can't help but be aghast.

"You see..being in my position for quite a while will make your brain wired to give orders. All I do is give my commands every single day and I am so used to it that whenever anyone dares to defy me, it triggers my brain to go berserk. I..I can't help it." He confess causing me to be put in shock from his sudden show of vulnerability.

I peek a little and see his jaw clenches like he is embarassed and in denial of what he just shared to me and for a split second I see it in my two eyes. The softening of his hardened gaze and the frown formed in his perfect exterior. I saw it, the sadness behind the layers of his hard exterior. But it was only for a second before he returns all his walls back and just like that the dark glint in his eyes returns and masked by the pretense of his soul as if the brief show of his hidden vulnerability wasn't there at the first place.

"If I offended you greatly which I think I have, I want you to understand that this is who I am. It is not my intention to hurt you, well I may sometime do since you pissed me off big time alot of times and---" He halts and clear his throat when I snorted and turn my back against him. "--I mean, if I did have, remember that I did it for your good since I promised you my protection. The protection that I vow since you made that decision to submit to me."