t w e n t y - o n e

"He's back!"

The simple words brings my stomach to churn and my heart's beating to escalate faster. The news was brought to me by a flustered and excited Esme.

He's finally back after almost three weeks of no words from him.

"Are you sure, Esme?" I tighten the coat around me since the January air seems to drop more degrees from hearing the news.

"Hurry! We need to go back to the mansion. The Don ordered everyone to gather. He seems to be bringing some news sort of." She excitedly informs me.

What could be it? But my curiosity of his announcement is then overshadowed by my interest to see him again. Hand in hand, Esme and I make our way towards the assembly hall.

As we reach the place my eyes straightaway scans the area to look for the Don. With my heart in my throat my eyes, in a matter of few seconds, found him. There he is, sitting on the middle of the stage with his permanent bored scowl glaring at anyone near his sight. I gasp lowly when he tilts his head a bit showing more of his dignified beauty.

He then runs his fingers through his disheveled hair that I then notice that it is more longer than before giving him a more ruggedly appearance. Few stubbles covers the expand of his jaw and his eyes look sullen. His appearance doesn't make him look like a mess though but rather it addens the mysterious and dark vibes he usually gives off. I can't help but clearly admit that it makes him appear more sexy.

Oh god, get a grip Lisa.

I'm frozen from my place when his whole presence creates a havoc of conflicted emotion in me. The realization sets into me like a ballon is popped in front of me. He's finally back. He is really here now.

My eyes are still glued to him while Esme pulls my hand to bring us forward for a better spot, my eyes never leaving his face. Esme pushes her way so that we can reach the front since the room is almost full from the number of people gathered. When we finally reach the front, Dorothy catches my eyes. She gives me a small smile that I reply in the same manner. I know she knows how I feel right now.

The time I lift my head to look at our Don again causes a swarming warmth of sensation into me. It brings me into comprehension that his eyes are already set into me. Our eyes meet and to say the impact it made is enough to knock out my breath. The weight of his stare causes my blood to rapidly rush into my face. His stare makes me uncomfortable and suddenly shy making me take a step behind Esme hiding myself from him.

I never felt so nervous of seeing the Don like now but this is a different kind of nervous. Not the nervousness I feel towards him which is usually related with fear.

I take a peek of the Don behind my eyelashes and surprisingly his eyes are still on me. The realization makes me even more jittery that I bite my lip to control these disarray of emotions.

"Everyone's attention now!" The strong timbre of a man's voice gets everyone including the Don to settle. It makes the noises to abruptly stop, the crowd falling into silence. I'm taken by surprise that the intimidating voice came from Theo which makes me notice for the first time that all of the Don's assistant are standing behind him. Everyone is therefore here, I conlude.

Silence grows thickly inside the room and everyone's anticipation of the Don's news is making us on edge.

The Don appears to be seizing all of us making sure the attention is fully on him before he begins his speech. When he seems to be satisfied, he slowly rises up from his seat with his scowl still etched in his face. His mood is way too off. I realize then that something is definitely wrong.