t w e n t y - t h r e e

A/n The gif, kill me now.

I have made a decision.

An extreme decision and it is not something I could be proud of.

I was given a choice but the options were too imposible for my benefit. The Don is like giving me an option of choosing between jumping off the cliff or be hit by a fast bullet train. In either way the end for me will be still disastrous.

Fear was also instigated into me. So yes, I decided to be a coward by choosing something I know is against my principles.

I decided to become a pawn of his treacherous game.

Pulling myself into this, I reached the point of no return. I, Melissa Hart has made the decision to fully submit myself to him. Without reservation and of full compliance..

Without resistance.

This is my plan for now since he left me with no choice but if all else fail and I find my situation to worsen than before then I'll go to my next plan.

The plan to escape.

Two weeks before the party.

"The Don's birthday party is the grandest event inside the mansion every year and so far it is the most amount of people that the Don accepts visitors." Esme tells me while we are cleaning all the massive windows in the Don's floor.

I wipe a trickle of sweat forming in my forehead before I reply to her back. "I see. So how old will be the Don now?" I ask her with a trace of curiosity.

"He'll be turning twenty seven on the 30th of January."

My forehead creases from learning the new info about him. I didn't expect him to be six years older than me because he appears to be way younger. I was gauging his age runs from a year or two older than me.

"By the way, why are you here helping me clean the windows? Aren't you supposed to be with Don's side all the time while waiting for your disposal?" Esme asks me inquisitively. I stop wiping the window to look at Esme who is waiting for my answer.

"Uhm he's currently busy with all his meetings that he told me or more like he hissed at me to stay out of his sight forever." Both of us chuckle by the mere thought of his usual crabbyness.

My laughter diminishes when I recall our recent encounter..our first dinner out together. We haven't discussed yet what we had talked about last time. It was hard because since that night his treatment towards me changed and it is now filled with tension. Like he still treats me the same way but he's now more detached than before.

"Well, that's good for you then, I supposed. I mean he's out of your hair for now." Esme nudges me with her elbow which is accompanied with a grin.

I response to it with a small smile.

One week before the party.

Still the same. His detachment turns into a blatantly cold treatment. Gone are those playful smirks and naughty innuendos towards me.

I'm always by his side but he acts like I'm invinsible. I would've consider this an advantage for me because he doesn't harass me anymore like before and he's leaving me in peace, but I can't help but miss our heated debates and arguments.

Call me crazy but I miss sleeping beside him too. I l know it's stupid for me to develop this kind of feeling but I can't control my emotion. I don't even understand myself now.

The more I supress it, the more I feel. The more I feel, the more I miss him.

Five days before the party.