t e n

I can't fully comprehend the meaning of their past conversation. I don't want to assume things but I have a strong feeling I am somehow involved.

"I found his daughter."

Are they talking about my father and I? But that is impossible. My father is a very simple man and he avoided complications as much as possible. Him, crossing paths with the Styles is very unlikely. He never left our town his whole life. He lived and he died there. I feel like there is still a missing piece to complete the puzzle but that piece is in the hands of Harold Styles.

But it doesn't make any sense. Their conversation seems to be directed to me. The Don's insinuation, the way Des looked at me – it is very unnerving.

Is this the reason why they captured and made me a slave?

My head starts to throb from all the questions that is bombarding my mind at the moment. I was hungry earlier but the events that had occured made me lost my appetite completely. I am too bothered to eat.

We are currently still in the Don's mansion here in New York and there is still no news when we'll leave. I just hope we'll leave very soon. The fact that Des and I are in the same area bothers me greatly. I mean will it be reasonable that I find the Don less evil compared to his father? I know he did a lot of cruel things to me but Des is older and a lot wiser. He got a lot of history and most of it are dreadful. Also, he's a big influence to the Don's way of thinking so it means he is more cruel. He is his father's son. Like father like son right?

I walk return back to my room at already almost past twelve to rest. My body aching from fatigue that it is close to shutting down. I almost flinch when I bend to put my shoes under the bed. The slight soreness in between my legs is still there and I have no idea when will it go away. It was a long day.

I close my eyes as soon as my body finally hits the bed and immediately I succumb to a very deep sleep. The next thing I know, the flickering warmth of the sunlight hits my cold cheeks. Slowly, I open my heavy eyes as I try to feel my surroundings. My eyes darts to the window seeing the beautiful morning sunlight with my mind still in haze. The sun is already high.

Then my widens in realization.

I'm late. Shit.

As soon as I realize it, I jump out of my bed in panic. My heart races so fast, pumping my adrenaline to be triggered. Without even thinking of taking a bath, I grab my uniform and quickly change into it. I check my wrist device for any message from the Don, there is none yet but still it didn't lessen my nervousness. The time says it is already nine in the morning. I'm dead.

I arrive to his room in no time. There is no presence of any of his assistant so I guess I need to approach the Don directly myself. I take a gulp before my trembling fist knocks on his door.

There is no response so I try it again and I only hear a slight grunt from someone inside but still no coherent response from the Don. I try to turn the knob and surprisingly it isn't locked. I slowly open the door, peeking my head before I walk in his room without making a noise.

My eyes dart towards his bed and relief washes over me. The Don is still sleeping soundly on his bed. I slowly steps back to exit his room but to my dismay and to my unbelievable luck, my hips bump into the coffee table steering a cluttering noise. My eyes immediately dart towards the sleeping monster and just what I am afraid of he stirs and his eyes lazily open.

Unsure of what to do I turn my body away from him when I see his naked torso. I wait for him to speak or make a nasty comment to me but a low giggles from a girl got my attention. I turn back to him and my cheeks reddens from the sight of them. The girl from last night is all naked on top of the Don. I didn't see her when I first came in because the thick sheets was hiding her from my eyes.