n i n e

I am clinging to the fact that the presence of many people will give the Don a bit of decency to not make a show that will includes of humiliating me. After their gathered assembly, Desmond Styles invited everyone for dinner to their well famed Château de Dieux or also known as the Palace of the gods. My lips form into distaste by just hearing its ridiculous name. How absurd these people are to think so highly of themselves. These people think that everything is beneath their feet and everything will adapt to their willings.

The Don ordered me to never leave his side and to never ever talk to anyone else. So I followed him around like a puppy, feeding his colossal ego even more. Everyone is having fun from the looks of it while me on the other hand is standing behind the Don with a grumbling stomach. The others except me are now gone for their break as ordered by the Don. Probably they are enjoying their sumptous dinner while I'm here standing in hunger. This is really unfair.

I take a huge breath while I impatiently waits for the Don to finish his dinner. The earlier the Don decides to go home, the earlier I can take my rest. But from the looks of it, he's taking his time.

He is now in the middle of flirting to one of the guest's daughter. The constant giggles of the girl and the fluttering of her eyes are signs that she is unfortunately hooked. The Don, on the other hand seems to be enjoying the pretty girl's attempt to seduce him. If only the girl knew it is the other way around.

I fail to notice that Desmond Styles had already walked pass through me to approach his son, until he clears his throat to call the attention of the Don. The Don just raises his head in response but just continues his attention towards the girl like the presence of his father didn't fazed him. The girl on the other hand, seems to loss all her color when she saw Des. The girl abruptly stands up from her chair and bows to Des which makes the Don roll his eyes as he finally stands up too to face his father.

"Father, pleasure meeting you here." He greets drily but with a smirk. I notice that the crowd near us hushes down a bit, moving their attention now to the infamous father and son.

"I want to talk you in private." Des replies to his son with a short smile. He doesn't even bother replying the 'warm' greeting of his son. Des starts to walk away, the Don shortly on his tail. To my great annoyance, the Don scans the area as if looking for someone. When his eyes meet mine he moves his head signalling me to follow.

I follow the Don and Des unenthusiastically upstairs away from the crowd. We arrive to a dimly lit room with windows so big that it almost occupy the the whole wall. Numerous books of different kinds and genres are stacked on the shelves. My love for books makes my feet itch to go to each shelves to have a look.

Des moves towards the middle of the room where a set of couch is located. When the men have taken their seats, I instinctively follow and stand behind the Don. Des glance towards me and the hair on the back of my neck rises. The Don has this intimidating aura but his father is really different. He gives me a weird vibe, something more darker.

"I need you out." Des orders me, his tone so low and intimidating.

"You have nothing to worry. She's my slave. Her loyalty is with us." The Don interrupts.

"I don't care. Now. Out." His deep gruff voice triggers something on me that I flinch. He sounds so similar to the Don but more frightening.

"Lisa come here." The Don bites back, his eyes challenging his father. My mind is in turmoil of who to follow. Their attitude is so alike that they scare me both to death.

"Lisa. I said come here." He repeats but eventually he grabs my arm and pulls me to sit on his lap. The intimacy of our position brings all my colors towards my cheeks.