Chapter 4

4 moons later.

"Come on sleepy badger wake up!" A paw prodded Foxkits side, and she grunted in annoyance. They were now 5 moons, just about ready for apprentice ship. Foxkit stood up and stretched. Snowkit smiled at her through the gloom of the nursery.

"Come on Foxkit, theres a new-leaf sticky match before the ice melts. And Fuzzystar said we could come." Snowkit mewed exitedley. Sticky was the game they had invented with the rock and the sticks and the sharp rocks on your paws. (Hockey)

" Okay i'll be there in a minute, whos playing today?"

"It's the apprentice vs Warriors match, I made a banner."

Snowkit held up a leaf made banner with bird feathers spelling go apprentices! Foxkit rolled her eyes but followed her friend out of the nursery. She wasn't a fan of sticky games, they were loud... Like birds. Leafkit was waiting outside the nursery grooming her tortoiseshell fur. The warm new-leaf sun shone through the gap in the roof making the crystal-moon stone shine. Foxkit knew Moonclan was the closest to Starclan. Windclan stated that because they were closest to the sky, but Foxkit knew Moonclan was closer because they had their own Moonstone.

"Stop daydreaming, we are going to miss the game!" Foxkit growled but ran after her friend.

"LETS GO APPRENTICES!!!!!!!!!" Shrieked Snowkit at the top of her lungs, Meowing and chants were streaming around the cave as cats slid across the ice. Some cats walked around with beverages and food, and others walked around with squirrel tail balls, if its to loud. (earplugs).

"GGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shrekied the croud as the apprentices scored another goal. The scoreboard number changed. 20-5. The apprentices were kicking serious butt. Foxkit just wished it was over.

Halfway through the game it stopped and some cats did games and prizes, and then their was live entertainment and then, a weird idea brought on by twolegs... Singing. Cats sung while the crowd cheered and hooted.

Finnaly it ended with a score of 56-55. The apprentices won by 1 point! The Moonclan cats flooded out, mewing about the game. Emberpaw came crashing past Foxkit to see Shadowpaw who had shot the winning goal. She started yapping like a magpie.

"Congratulations on the goal!" Foxkit mewed shyly.

"Thanks Foxkit, I wish the kits were aloud to play. Because you are still a kit, but you should br an apprentice, after all you are almost 6 moons and-

" It's okay, im not sure I would play such a ruff game.

"Yahhhh Shadowpaw!" Tigerkit and Wolfkit cheered. They were Foxkits brothers, and Shadowpaws friends. Lionpaw stepped out of the cave, sweat plastered to his fur. He was the team captain and he scored most of the goals. He shrugged of his gear and placed his skates on the floor of the cave. A cold leafbare wind blew through the tunnels and into the cave. It smelled fresh and Foxkit longed to start training so she could go outside. Moonclans territory was a forest, and a little bit of moor. The camp was the cave obviously.

Clearpaw walked up to Lionpaw and body-checked him. Clearpaw is Fuzzystars eldest son, and her younger son Blizzardkit was good friends with Tigerkit, and Wolfkit. Foxkit thought it was very confusing, and how there would be enough mentors... but she tried not to worry. It was full moon that night and the whole clan had their own little gathering. Thats why they did the stickey match. They played games every full moon, and when the moon was high in the sky they shared tounges with starclan using the Crytalmoon stone.

" I heard we are getting our apprentice names tomorrow!" Mewed Rainkit exitedly. He was Leafkits brother. And leafkit thought he was weird.

"Really, are you pulling our tails?" Tigerkit mewed exitedly.

"No seriously! I heard Fuzzystar talking to Dreamcloud and Silverstripe."

" Cool!" Foxkit squealed. She was finally on the road to apprenticeship. And now she could hang out with Shadowpaw. All she hoped was to get a good role, not just a boring gatherer.