chapter 7

Cats shrieked in fear as Fuzzystar made that announcement. The ones in the camp pushed and shoved to get to the river first. Before long the shallow section was full and Foxpaw had to go to the deeper part  and silently thanked starclan, for her early sessions with the swimmers. Snowpaw rocketed past Foxpaw and launched herself into the cold dark water.  Lionpaw was tossing gems to Clearpaw, who was lighting up the river. Foxpaw ran and lauched into the current of the unlighted river, searching for a gem. When her lungs were about to burst and stars filled her vision her muzzle brushed a gem, she grabbed it and rocketed up out of the water. 

          "Clearpaw I have a gem!" Yowled Foxpaw. Leafpaw dashed over and handed the gem to Clearpaw. The river lit up and foxpaw was able to find a ledge to sit on.

" Everyone listen up, I am going to check the forest to make sure every Moonclan member is hear and safe. If I don't come back, look for me AFTER the fire." And with that Fuzzystar ran off into the blackness.

Sparks flew from the moon hole and caught loose bedding on fire. Again Foxpaw thanked starclan for putting them in a cave, barely anything was catching fire. Foxpaw looked for shadowpaw and saw him dashing into the camp. 

" Wait shadowpaw don't go under the Moon hole!" Shrieked Foxpaw, but it was to late, a single spark fell from the hole in the roof and onto shadowpaw's nose. Flame tail ran to his 'aid' But trying to blow off the spark made it catch fire. Now it was complete chaos. Foxpaw yowled to jump into the river someone else yowled stop drop and roll, but finally Lionpaw just pushed Shadowpaw into the river putting out the flame. Emberpaw  grabbed some herbs and rubbed them on the burn. 

More and more cats flooded into the cave and soon the whole clan but fuzzystar was packed into the river. 

"Where is Fuzzystar?" Snowpaw asked Fritzyclaw.

" She said she was going through the hole above the river." At that everyone looked up and quickly paddled away from the hole. A long moment passed then a blur of purple and white and orange came crashing into the river, Silverstripe and Mintleaf dived under the water and grabbed the limp body. Then Fritzyclaw and Pineclaw hauled the body onto the shore.

    Foxpaw gasped as she saw Fuzzystars burnt and limp body 

       ]