Chapter 16

Fuzzystars pov

        "Dreamcloud may I please speak with you?" I called, I tried to hide my worry but it was challenging.
"Yes Fuzzystar?"
"I need to speak with you privately."
"Okay." Dreamcloud entered the den and I immediately blurted something I had been holding in.
"I don't have seven lives, I have 5."
"Why? How?"  Dreamcloud asked.
"I'm not sure, but are leaders aloud to retire without dying. I don't want to be leading when everyone I love dies. Like you and Silverstripe, you both are getting old and Silverstripe is thinking about retiring."
"Starclan might let you but the next leader won't have as many lives. If you retire with two lives than the deputy will only get seven lives." Dreamcloud explained.
"Oh well that sucks. What do you think-
"FUZZYSTAR COME QUICK FOXTAIL BROUGHT A FAMILY OF CATS INTO THE CAVE, AND THERE ARE KITS.

"Okay thorn hop in this basket and we will take you to our camp." Foxtail mewed softly.
"Thank you so much, our kits might live to see another day!" Mewed speckles gratefully.
"You are so welcome! Now hop in and we will give you some food and take you back to our camp."
Thorn grabbed two of the kits and gently placed them in the basket. Leafspots gave them their extra fish, and soon they were in the river. Speckles was shivering with fear, and thorn protectively wrapped himself around the kits.
"Should we take the underwater tunnel?" Asked Rainwhisker quietly.
"No, it might drown the kits."

Night was falling by the time they got to the riverside. Thorn and speckles each carried a kit and Foxtail carried the last. They learned that the eldest kit was about 7 moons and his name was Falcon, the other ones were all 2 moons. There names were rabbit, Hawthorne, and the youngest who was newborn was unnamed. Falcon was sniffing every bush as they got closer to the entrance. Finnaly they entered the cave and Fuzzystar stood their a look of disbelief on her face.