chapter 10

" Foxpaw wake up, we have our first spy mission, and its not a drill." Foxpaw yawned and flicked her ears in annoyance at Shadowpaw. "Come on Foxpaw, we are leaving in 3 minutes!!"

"Okay, okay i'm coming, geez. Foxpaw stood up and shook out her pelt, picking bits of moss off. 

"Here is a mouse, make sure to slick your fur back." Foxpaw nodded and wolfed down he mouse. The apprentice den was surprisingly empty, so Foxpaw assumed they had early morning hunting. Now that green-leaf had arrived the days were long and hot so hunting was done in the morning. Even the swimmers hunted in the morning. As Foxpaw finished eating she went to the Crystal river to clean off and slick back her fur. She saw some cats swimming around and purred happily that the river was already light up. Foxpaw dove into the river and swam to the bottom, scooping up the soft river mud in her paw. Then she easily swam to the surface piling mud onto the bank. When she was satisfied Foxpaw scooped it in her paw and ran it on the body. Before long her fur was slick and muddy. It easily disguised her scent. 

         "Foxpaw my whiskers are getting grey with the pace you are going." 

"Sorry Scorchclaw, i'm coming." 

" Good we are going to Riverclan and spying, getting inside information and we are going to find out how many lives Bronzestar has... got it?" Foxpaw and Shadowpaw nodded. 

"lets get going then." The three cats ran into the tunnels and into the ice rink cave. Foxpaw gasped in amazement as she saw the ice rink was melted. In its place a beautiful spring pool. Small waterfalls cascaded around the cave and the pool was a beautiful greeny blue. Rock ledges jutted out and a large hole in the roof made the water sparkle in the sunlight. 

      "This place is beautiful." Whispered Shadowpaw, Foxpaw nodded in agreement.

"We had an early start this morning, you guys could swim around for awhile." Scorchclaw mewed. "I'm going to have a nap." Foxpaw only just noticed the greying muzzle on Scorchclaw, after all he had been a windclan warrior before he joined moonclan.

       " Come on Foxpaw!" Shadowpaw screeched in delight as he jumped of a ledge and landed in the crystal clear pool.

" You know what we should name this place?"

"Hmm"

" Crystal pool, and in leaf-bare, Crystal rink.

" I like it, now lets play while we have time.

-----------------

       "Okay children lets get to work. The three cats  ran off towards Riverclan. When they arrived they went through a very narrow tunnel that led to the prisoner cave. Midnight had been caught the day before and was a prisoner in Riverclan, but she had some information for the clan.

      " Now we must be silent, remember the cues I taught you, lets do this." The three cats silently walked through another tunnel and Foxpaw saw a hole in the roof where the tunnel attached to the cave. As Foxpaw got closer, she heard mewing and assumed two gaurds stood in the front of the den and another guard was at the back, Midnight scared mew was muffled and when she moved not all legs touched the ground. She was tied up. 

     Foxpaw flicked a warning that a guard was at the back, so they turned around to head back

"Where do you think you're going Spy's spat the voice. As the shape got closer Foxpaw realised, Bronzestar and his deputy Rowanclaw stood behind them, and another shape slid in front of the blocking the entrance to the prisoners cave. They were surrounded and prisoners of Riverclan.