Chapter 13

"Tigerpaw you have trained hard and fought bravely in the battle with Riverclan 3 moons ago. You will now be know as Tigerpelt, it has been an honour training you."
TIGERPELT, TIGERPELT, TIGERPELT!!" Yowled Moonclan, but Foxpaw cheered the loudest for her brother. As Fuzzystar jumped off circle rock it spun around in a full circle.
"Starclan approves." Yowled Fuzzystar. Silverstripe proudly watched her son join Rainwhisker, wolfear, blizzardstorm, Shadowtail, Snowpelt, leafspots, and Emberleaf. It must be her turn it had to be.
"And finally foxpaw, but foxpaw will not be getting her warrior name yet."
Foxpaws face fell and she tried to fight tears that made her throat ache.
"Instead you will get extra training... but not with me, with dreamcloud!" That made foxpaw even sadder.
"You will learn how to use your freakishly big ears for good use.

       "Umm okay." Foxpaw mewed sadly. The whole clan disperse and foxpaw slunk to the apprentice den that  was now empty, and fell into a restless sleep.

       "Foxpaw wake up, its time for training!" Mewed an exited voice.
"Okay." Grumbled foxpaw. She washed her pelt than went to the medicine den.

      "Okay so we are going to look at those ears and see what they can do.
Hmm you have an interesting gift. You were born the moment a fox cub died saving your mother so... your ears are a gift, that is why you have always looked like a fox!!!"

         "I already knew that dreamcloud."
"Oh right ummmmm let's get to work.
-------
   "Hey shadowtail want to go for a climb with me?"
"What about your ear training?"
"I'm done and my ears are aching. Dreamcloud wanted to know how far are could hear. I heard her yowling from the crystal pool."
"Yeesh that must've sucked!" Fopxpaw just nodded
"Okay lets go climbing!"

         The two friends climbed until sun-down. They sat and watched the sunset together and then dove from the tree into the river. From there they paddled to an underwater current that took them into the cave.

         "See you tomorrow shadowtail." Newest foxpaw after they shared a thresh.
"Yup." Then foxpaw went to her den and curled up in her nest, cold and alone.