Chapter 7

"Zahrah, daddy said you should go to the garden someone is waiting for you there." Aysha announced coolly.

  "Who is the person." Zahrah demanded as she flipped her head upwards to catch up with Aysha's gaze.

  "Is Adam." Aysha sat on the bed close to zahrah and scanned the room tentatively.

  "Adam.... Adam... Who's Adam?"

  "The guy at the café."

  "Ohw,  so he's serious. I thought I've sent him away. When you tell a guy to see your parent before talking to you, you will hardly see him again. It seems this one is serious.  And you what happened to you, you look out of humour. I've never seen you like this before" Zahrah said resting her hands on Aysha's shoulder.

  "Nothing really." Aysha masked her face with smile.

  "You know I'm highly concerned about you, I've never seen you so cool like this. You are always in good spirit, are you sure you are ok?"

  "I told you there is nothing wrong with me , is just the change of whether." Aysha fired back in slight irrigation.

  "Ok, lets go then."

  "To where?"

  "To the garden."

  "Must I go with you? Is you he wants to see not me." Aysha promulgated turning her gaze to the window. She obviously know that Zahrah will not drawl her legs out of there  without her.

  "If you won't go with me, then I won't go at all."

Aysha shrugged. "Ok lets go but I won't stay long there."

They went together to the garden. 

He was sitting on a chair operating his phone. They said salaam to him, he answered and looked up at them.

Zahrah sat on a chair adjacent to where he was sitting. She doesn't want to face him, at least not yet. Aysha too sat beside her.

There was an awkward silence between them as none of them want to talk. After being like that for like five minutes, Adam finally decided to talk.  "Zahrah are you surprise to see me?"
He twitched his mouth with his head down as he's still operating on his phone.

  "A little bit."
Zahrah replied tardily.

  "Your friend gave me your address." he pointed towards Aysha "Hope I have not caused any inconveniency to you?"

  "Not at all." Zahrah said caressing her bracelet with her finger.

  "I'm happy about that, and your friend, What's her name." He nodded to the direction of Aysha.

  "Oh, this is Aysha." she pointed to her. "She's more than a friend to me, and she's not just like a sister to me, she's part of my life. I can't live without her, she can't live without me, so you either please both of us or please none of us." Zahrah declared as she smiled in amusement.

  "I like that." he curved a smile from the corner of his mouth which create flashy sparks on his face. "Friends like twins. Insha Allah I will try to please both of you."

  "Aysha you are not saying anything." Adam turned askantly and looked towards Aysha.

Aysha grimaced and turned away.

when he cannot even remember her name, she thought.

  "Aysha." Zahrah hit her slightly on her shoulder, which made her turned her gaze to them. "Why are you quiet, is unlike you." Zahrah added which literally swung Aysha back to their present.