Chapter 31

"Zahrah please let me explain."
Sameer said nervously.

Zahrah went closer to him, she smiled delightfully in other to ease his pain, for he was suffering, not for what he did,  but for being found out. He was cringing out of fear of being exposed and being rejected.

"You know What you did is awfully wrong, right?"

"Yes." he answered swiftly exhibiting panic in remorsefulness.

"Sameer, is high time you wake up." Zahrah said calmly as she moved closer to him. "If you've been doing this before, please wake up. Open your eyes to reality before it will be too late to do that. Allah says in he Qur'an;

Oh you who believe! Fear Allah and let each self look to what it has sent forward for tomorrow. Fear Allah. Allah is aware of what you do. (Al-Hashr, 18)

"Did you think your provision for that journey is enough to last you long? how much have you acquired to that upcoming journey? How could you waste your precious time idling around aimlessly. Did you know that those that died will be asking for respite for even a day to do good as it was mentioned in surah munafikun."

Sameer grunted in distress, not knowing what to say or what to do. Zahrah is a real blessing to whomsoever got her as a wife, he thought.

"What if you are to witness hell with your own eyes." she went on. "If you are to see the roaring flames of the hell, the yelling and groaning of the inhabitants of hell, the unbearable heat and the frantic begging of respite of..........." she broke down into light sobs. She suppressed her sobbing not to wake her sister that just slept up.

"Zahrah why are you crying?"
Sameer asked in so obvious a depression.

"I'm crying out of pity for myself sameer, and for you too." she pointed to him with her index finger. "What will I say to Allah on that day? how should I explain to him that he created me for a purpose but I failed to fulfil that purpose following my whims and desires. We've been created to worship Allah alone and to defect our lower self. We should try to get rid of the king in us so that we will become humble slaves of the mighty king. We will be tested with many trials, the degree of our iman will be based on the depth of our endurance. What are we to say to our Lord on that day our books will be given to us. Are you certain you will receive yours by your right?"

She paused and stared at Sameer who was almost trembling in shock. He sat down and stood up countless times tremulously.

Zahrah wiped away the stream of tears that trickled down her chin with the back of her palm and sniffed. "Or have you given up all hope and become like he who Allah described in the holy Qur'an saying:

....... If only I had not been given my book and had not known my reckoning. If only death had really been the endMy wealth has been of no use to me. My power has vanished. (Al-Haqq, 25-29)

" Zahrahhh.... I..." The words stucked in his throat. He was unable to utter anything so he relapsed back to silence.

"fear of Allah is the boat we needed to escape the turbulency of the sea of corruption which raised castles among us." she paused and sniffled, then went on. "Everything we do will be recorded and revealed on that day. We should all pray to be among the successful ones.
Allah says: