Chapter 41

Eid mabruk to you all amazing friends. I'm so happy I decided to update today. Can't believe I'm going to the mosque for eid prayer. I'll pray for you all, you also should pray for me. Enjoy d xhap as ma eid gift to you, vote and comment as your gift to me.

Exactly three months after Zahrah returned. Days seems to glide amazingly fast, yet we could not grasp the meaning of that- that we are moving slowly to our end, that our days are fleeting skimpily unnoticeable.

And so, through this dark world of illusion, we haul blindly like a boat led by the waves into an unknown island, till death meet us unprepared.

We prowl after fortune, minutes after minutes with aimless wish to conquer our desire, but ended up falling prey to that same desire we struggle to win victory over.

Zahrah was so harrowed up into the thought of the world and it dark effect that she felt distress settled on her heart. She tried by all means to avert that thought, but it is a realisation we all need to puncture into our nerves so it gets to our heart. It is an obscure truth we need to agitate us back to our real sense.

Zahrah's wedding is in three months coming and her plans are moving dilatorily.

She got up quickly from her bed, as it is saturday, and got ready to visit her friend Imty, for if she continues in that state, she'll be next door to depression.

**

"Hey get up sleeping beauty."
Zahrah pulled away the pillow Imty was lying her head on. She met imty still sleeping.

"When did you come in?" imty asked as she pried her eyes open with her hand. She yawned noisely and covered her mouth with her palm.

"Just a while ago." Zahrah muttered. She took cotton wool from the side of imty's bed and started scratching her ears. "I've something to gist you about so get up."

"Interesting. So whats up." imty sat up her hair loosely scattered.

"Hey you look like a ghost."

"Yeah I know that." imty yawned out again. "Let me put my self in order". She got up from the bed and tottered to the bathroom.

"how's Omar?" Imty peeped from the bathroom with tooth brush in between her teeth, keeping a jeering gaze at Zahrah.

"In the bathroom." Zahrah flouted with a sneer.

Imty laughed and went back to her business. Some minutes later, she came out of the bathroom showered. She put on a simple dress and headed out of the room. "Let me get you something to eat."

"No I'm full."

"Really?"

"Yup, I've had my breakfast already"

Zahrah sat quietly as imty went out of the room, deep in reflection. It occured to her that that's the only activity that makes her happy apart from praying- to sit and imagine, she thought crestfallen. If she says she loves Omar, then she isn't being honest to her self, but she like him simply because of his amusing character and his disposition. She doesn't want anything that will defile her mind, for if she keeps thinking of her marriage now, she'll revert back to her grumpy state.