Chapter 23

What type of life am I to live in this house?

Aysha stood up from the bed and went to stand by the window. She grasped the burglary proof with her right hand and stared fixedly at the tree close to the window of her room.

The birds were chirping happily jumping from one branch to another in jubilation. She smiled painfully. Ever since yesterday night she had not seen the man that call himself her husband. After storming out of the room, she waited for him hopelessly and finally doozed off without seeing him. This morning too she waited in vain for him to show her around the house.

Aysha stepped out of the room in hesitation. She doesn't know the direction she will head. When they brought her in yesterday, her face was heavily covered with a veil so she just blind followed them without knowing the route they passed by. After the dinner, when they escorted her back to the house, the place was dim already.

  She followed a small route which led her to another room. The room was mighty large but empty. The stillness in the room was dead eerie so she rushed out of the room quickly.

She entered from corner to corner aimlessly in search of exit, alas, she found her self in the sitting room. With a sigh, she muttered alhamdulillah.

The siting room is spacious and beautifully decorated from all point of view which gave it a slick appearance.

It sheen and glisten with scintillating glimmer

  From the sitting room, she heard the rattling of plates and a shrill noise from a corner not far from the sitting room. She tracked the sound wave, actuating dilatory and in a moment she found herself in the kitchen with two women cooking. When the women noticed her present, they bowed slightly and greeted her.

She looked at them with a crowned pleasure and grinned widely.

   "I was just exploring around the house." she said. "By the way have you seen my husband? "

   "Oga went out some minutes ago." The stout middle aged woman answered.

   "Alright." She said dejectedly. Her hope was declining slowly with condensing progression. How could she move on with her plan when he doesn't even value her. If only he could look up to her. She has to do something before the darkness of ill luck cover her sight.

She turned to the young woman. "Can you please show me the way out?"

   "Yes mam."

   The house maid lead her through a long corridor and finally they were out.

   "This house is very big."
   Aysha uttered.

  "Yes maam." The maid nodded agreeably.

  "You can go back now, thank you for your kindness."

   "It's my pleasure ma, breakfast will soon be ready, don't stay out too long."