Chapter 20

"I don't get you, what do you mean?" Omar asked incredibly.

"How many times do you want me to say it. I told you I'm getting married to Aysha not Zahrah." Adam said wearily. He hid it within himself not to tell anyone but the situation became more obscure, anything could happen if he's not careful. Yesterday he went to see his doctor, after the test and other checkup he confirmed to him that his health is at risk. He adviced him to do something lest he will be telling a different story as his blood pressure is getting higher.

 "Are you on drugs? What are you telling me? You're going to marry Zahrah's friend not Zahrah. You are the biggest jilt ever. How did you think the poor girl will feel. This is not fair at all I'm telling you, God will never let you betray that innocent girl."
Omar said indignantly. He flapped back and forth in the room like insanity new comer.

Adam had called him from his house that he needed to talk to him urgently. He left everything he was doing and rushed to him, on getting to Adam's house, he saw the pallid looking Adam on the couch like one hundred and twenty years old man devoid of life. He was shocked tremendously at the glum condition he met him in. He asked him 101 different questions which he answers none and now he is telling him this unpleasant story, how did he want him to take it.

"Calm down Omar, this is not the time to fuss." Adam said grimly as he slouched warily towards the floor.

"Don't you think the decision you took is a veiled treat to Zahrah's happiness."  Omar moved closer to Adam and sprawled his hands on the couch arm next to Adam's.

"She will be ok, I'm assuring you, she can take it don't worry about her." Adam asserted, his head still tilted towards the floor.

"Well, I will worry little about her but what about you, do you think you will be alright with the face you are carrying now? dude wake up, I know how much you love Zahrah then why did you suddenly take this drastic decision." Omar said in bewilderment. "You are hurting alot is written all over you, then why?"

"Omar you will never understand" Adam said gravely.

"How can I understand when you will not explain things to me. Am I a fortune teller to predict your condition." He took off from the couch and clenched his fist heavily.

"Bro, I didn't call you here to come and prattle on my head, I just want to let you know the new plan." Adam said and peeked towards his friend.

"So I'm even prattling, can you check out yourself in the mirror and see how scruffy you look, not even that, what you did to the poor girl, what will you call that. Can you call that a betrayal? for your information this is worst than betrayal. How can I even explain to people your aloofness. That will be demeaning to your standard, flinching from friend to friend. People will disdain you for that, they will not have respect for you any longer."
Omar kept rebuking incessantly. His phone whirred from his pocket, he took it out and sat down to receive the call. When he cut the call, he turned his face to Adam.

"Is ummu, she wants to see me later and I have no doubt is about you." Omar said casting a glare towards him.

"Please come and take me to the hospital, I need to see my doctor."

***   ***

Aysha opened her eyes and beheld Zahrah and her mother sitting solemnly on the chair beside her bed. She rolled her eyes and scanned the place in a second, there is no doubt she is in the hospital.

Zahrah rose quickly and went to sit beside her holding her hand with tenderness.

  "You are awake."