Chapter 39

It's been eight days since Zahrah returned back to Abuja. She had missed her parent and dear friends alot. Omar often call to confirm about her well being. Moreso, when he's at home, he will give the phone to all sisters who will frantically moan her absence. She's already used to every one of them especially Aiman who has her number and call her more often.

She quickly got ready for school and dashed to her sister's room to tell her goodbye.

When she came out of her sister's room, she glanced at the clock on the wall of the sitting room. It says 8:45, and her lecture commences 9, she had to hurry up least she will miss the first lecture.

She rapidly jogged to the door as Sameer emerged through the door she almost bump into him. They exchanged glances with her heart pounding triple it's normal rate, almost crushed to pieces.

Sameer looked at her with a frown, the kind of look that set her heart on flame. She had been dodging him since her return. He definitely knows about her engagement and is not happy about it.

He looked at her from up to down rashly. She wasn't happy about the way he looked at her but let it slide for peace sake.

She was about to step out of the parlour when Sameer called.

She stopped and turned her attention to him. "What is it, time is not by my side, I'm getting late already."

"Don't I deserve to be greeted? I look contemptible to you right?  Or you don't want to talk to a junk like me." he giggled disgustingly. "Anywhere, I'm presenting my congratulatory message. Congratulations on your up coming wedding."

"Thank you." she turn to leave.

"One more thing."

Zahrah stopped on her track and turned to look at him. "What again Sameer? I told you I'm running late."

"Don't think I've given up." he broke the ice.

He moved closer to where she was standing furiously as if planning to attack her.  "If that's what is in your mind you are mistaken. When I lay my mind on something, I'll never allow it to escape from me. I'll get you by all means". He smirked and walked away hastily.

Zahrah stood engrafted at a point- she could hardly move.

What is Sameer saying?

What type of threat is that?

She managed to drag herself out of the house with Sameer's words ringing in her ears.

***

"Meerah what are you reading about?" Zahrah said as she sat close to her friend Ameerah who was busy studying.

"I'm trying to study." Ameerah answered and spared a glance towards her.

"Even without exam?"

"Yeah!"

"Jack the kobi." Zahrah tauted.

"Zahrah please help me with this question." Ameerah said displaying the book she's studying.

"Which question?" Zahrah glimpsed through Meerah's book them averted.

Meerah is Zahrah's friend who she always hang out with while in school.

"The questions says; a man was caught by the police on an isolated place, beside him was a dead man. The police accused him of killing that man but he denied. The case was brought to you as a lawyer, how would you solve the case."

Zahrah tapped her finger on her chin in reflection mood. "First and foremost, the corpse will be taken to the hospital for an autopsy to find the cause of death, it could be by strangling poisoning or any other means. If it is by strangling, the man will be held responsible. If it is by other means, the lawyer will find a way to defend him. The man might be a passerby who saw the corpse and wanted to help." Zahrah stated precisely.