Chapter 35

"Are you sure she will come Adam?" Aysha asked for millionth times looking to the side where Adam was sitting down. She had woken up some hours ago and has been requesting to see Zahrah.

"Relax, she will definitely come." Adam answered back.

"Are you serious she was here before?" Aysha further asked peeking slightly at him.

"Aysha." Mama joined. "Zahrah just left a while ago why are you so desperate to see her. She will be back anytime from now she assured me so why the eagerness. The doctor said you need to relax so do that."

"Assamu alaikum."

Zahrah popped into the room with an enthralling smile flowering the recovery of her friend. "Aysha you are awake."

She kept the package she brought in and moved closer to Aysha. She sat on the bed beside Aysha.

"Are you OK now that she's here?" Mama said with a jeering glare.

"What happened." Zahrah requested.

"She's been dying to see you."
Adam answered.

Zahrah looked at Aysha who was at the brink of shedding tears.

Zahrah gave her a look of don't even start that.

"Since you are here Zahrah let me go to the hospital mosque and say my asr prayer. Time is drifting fast before you realize it magrib will approach." Mama said as she stood on her feet.

"Ok mama You rather go and pray now time has gone." Zahrah said.

When mama left the room, Aysha grasped Zahrah's hand with unsuppressed tears on her face. "Zahrah I know I will be asking for too much but please forgive me for all that I said to you. I wasn't in my right mind when I said those horrible things to you. I was just devastated and lost in the puddle of anguish. Please Zahrah." she tighten her grip on Zahrah's hand.

"Is ok Aysha, I've forgiven you already. I never hesitate to do so because I know you acted against your propriety. Everything is gone I promise." Zahrah gave her an assuring smile.

"Oh thank you Zahrah, you are such an angel." she wiped away her tears with her hand gently. "I will ever remain grateful to you for your amiable kindness. Can we be as we are before? I mean we should retain our friendship and forget all the scrape I did." She hesitated, wasn't sure if she should say that.

"Yeah," Zahrah answered and tickled her gentle on her tommy.

"Hey, be careful, wanna die? Is that how to treat a patient." Aysha spoke lightly, her voice held amusement.

"I want you to get off that bed safe and sound back to your normal life." Zahrah said.

"Yes m@m."
Aysha mocked with a fluttery feeling of excitement. It seems her life is back to normal with Zahrah sitting by her side cuddling her with the warn blanket of tenderness.

"I've been casted out." Adam grunted. "You've forgotten I'm here right?"

"Oh, you know, when two gross irons are being forged together, the sparkling fire always cast eyes away from the source." Zahrah said and smiled.

"Inquisitive." Aysha threw her own share.

"Ok now, I'm an outcast I know." Adam smiled looking at them both.

Ummu entered the room with salam and jubilantly strolled to the patient's bed.

Zahrah greeted her and so do Aysha.