Chapter 10

Zahrah and Aysha entered the hall which was highly decorated with flowers. The hall looks amazingly beautiful with a heavy decoration from every corner and suavity to grace it. Zahrah stared at the place in amusement.  "This place is so beautiful." she said to Aysha. She have obviously never been to such a place before, so she was astounded when Aysha brought her in.

Aysha took her from school and promised to show her something interesting. All her queries went in vain as Aysha was not ready to let out anything to her.

She stood for like five minutes admiring the room, then Aysha put on a switch, it came out visibly on the wall, with sparkles of light of different colours written:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET ZAHRAH'

It was then she remembered that it was her birthday.

"Oh no, this is so amazingly beautiful." She said in perplexity.

In between her astonishment, her female friends from school came out from a corner shouting happy birthday to her.

She was struck with emotion and became mute with awe. She stood fixed on the point and stared at her friends. She then turned to Aysha. "Aysha how did you do it?" her astonishment could not seize as she stared at Aysha with mouth agaped.

"Not really me but Adam. I told him is your birthday today, so he decided to make you take fun out of it. He loves you Zahrah, he could do anything for you, just to make you happy."

  "Oh no! this is too much happiness for me." she said putting both her hands on the side of her face.

She walked towards her friends and hugged them one after the other.  "How did you guys know?"  She asked full of amusement and unadulterated thrill.

  "Aysha brought us here."
Hafsy answered.

"Ok lets get started girls". Aysha cuts in and headed to the middle of the hall. They all trailed after her.

They played games, danced and enjoyed the serenity that occasion afforded. It was a moment of undiluted fun and unlimited jollification for them all. Despite all plea, Zahrah stubbornly refused to dance. She choose to sit and watch them and laugh. She adored that moment in her life, and was ever grateful to Adam for such an evening. It is an undeniable truth that he loves her so much, and she loves him too beyond what the mind can describe. She rolled her eyes from side to side in admiration, her sight fell on the triple steps cake at the side of the hall. Money had been spent to make that cake, even the wedding cake of the elite of the town could not be compared to that.

They eat different kinds of snacks, and drinks, some of which she had never seen before. After the jubilation, she cut the cake with her friends.

At about six o'clock, Adam landed in the hall with his  friend Omar. They were about leaving when they saw them entered. Most of their friends have gone then, just the five of them remaining.

"Assalamu alaikum ladies." Adam said when they approached them. "Hope you've enjoyed yourselves?"

  "Extremely." Aysha replied.

Zahrah stood silent with her gaze on the floor. Adam introduced Omar to them, and they exchanged greetings with him.

  "Should I guess who Zahrah is?" Omar said, looking at them with keen interest.

  "If you could guess right."
Adam said.

Omar pointed directly to Zahrah, while Zahrah looked to the direction of Aysha and giggled.

"How did you know she's Zahrah? "Aysha chirped in jovially.

  "So I got it right" Omar victoriously asserted.