Chapter 19

Dedicated to aminasalisu2

When life become unbearable, the only solution to such  circumstance is prayer, prayer and prayer. We have no power to change our destiny neither do we have power to avert ominous situations coming our way. Allah never promised us what He will not fulfil. Whatever happened in our lives, is an agreement between our soul, our ego and the promise of the Almighty. The wind blow making trees and plants bow in prostration to Him, that is the command of Allah. The waves of the ocean foams with current from an unknown source, who knows the source of that current that makes the sea tumbles in agitation?

If the wind can blow due to Allah's command, if water can flow due to Allah's command, if thunder can strike and make tasbih due to fear of Allah, as Almighty Allah says in the holy Qur'an:

And the thunder declares his glory and praise and so the Angels too in awe and fear.
(Rad, 13)

then why can't we obey the command of Allah in our lives. Why can't we accept what God has destined for us without fear or complain. Allah will never bring to our lives what will harm us, instead, He will test us with an infliction to see the depth of our faith in Him. There can never be a fairly smooth life without hurdles, as a wise man said: show me a road where there are no thorns and I will not follow it because it will not lead me to success.

Allah says:
Did you think that we created you in play (without purpose) and that you will not be brought back to us
(Muminun, 115)

Allah created us just for one purpose, and that's to worship Him consistently. Any change we might descry in our lives are from Him, and we have to believe in change for the purpose of life He gave to us.

Here is our Heroine, Zahrah, sitting glumly on the dinning chair with plate of food at her front. She stared at the food as if counting the number of rice on the plate. 'There is nothing permanent in this world' she murmured to herself. Life ends just as this world will eventually end someday. Whatever we acquire in this temporary life will be abandon only our good deeds will be at play. As Allah says:

  And I created not the jinns and humans except to worship me.  (Zaariyat, 56)

  "Zahrah!" Her father called from behind her. She turned promptly to her father's direction.

  "Who are you talking to?" Her father requested looking directly at her.

  "Nobody daddy, was I even talking? Orp, I forgot, I was talking to myself." She uttered in confusion.

Her father sighed. He drew the chair next to her and sat down.

  "Are you sure you will move on with your plan, don't you think you will regret it later. There is still limited time for you to withdraw. I've talked to Alh. Musa (Aysha's father) as Adam assigned me to, but I can go and talk to him again if you will change your mind, he's a simple man with clear understanding, he can reason with you." Her father put forward meekly.