Chapter 24

The next day, Zahrah got ready as early as possible for her trip to Abj. Her sister's driver arrived twenty minutes past nine, so they took off after saying goodbye to her parent. She left Adam and all her troubles behind. She will start a new life there in Abj, a new beginning. She will forget her worries and face the future ahead. This life is not worth fretting for. The more we aggravate about this life, the more it display before us it awful side. Life can only have meaning when we forget about it troubles, distort it's anxiety and grasp it's incentive fragrance. Only then can we hope to live a better and healthier life.

After three hours of silent driving, they finally arrived. As the driver drove into the apartment, Mami came out of the house grinning widely with pleasure. Zahrah opened the car door and run to her sister without even taking out her bag from the car.

"Alhamdulillah, you arrive safely." Mami said as she hugged her tightly.

They both entered into the house while the driver followed them with Zahrah's baggage.

"Where is Maryam and Asiya?"
Zahrah requested anxiously.

"They went out with their uncle, they will soon be back though, as they anticipate your arrival with fervid impatience."

Mami took Zahrah to her room and ask her to take her bath and change before she could have her lunch. Zahrah accepted the offer.

She went into the bathroom, took a light shower and performed wudu. She said her salat and remained seated on the prayer mat. She asked for forgiveness from God for herself, her parent and the muslim ummah. She prayed for mercy for the dead and ease for the living. She prayed to God to make it a better beginning for her here, to forget Adam completely and to remove all barriers from her way to success.

She will give priority to her studies and do her Ibadat diligently, at least that'll be her propensity for now. When cloud forms, it will either bring rain or destruction as it does to the people of Aad, so when Zahrah perceived that her heart had become clouded while she prayed, she sensed it to be either a cloud of success for her in which one of them is to forget Adam, or it might be a cloud of distress, she know not. She said Astagfirullah 100x, La'ilaha'illallah(there is no God but Allah) 100x and did darud to the ever pure and most radiant light that shines in the universe.

"When you are through come out and have your lunch."Mami said as she she glimpsed into the room.

"Ok, I will be coming now."

Zahrah got up, folded the prayer mat and went to the parlour to met her sister. Her sister directed her to the dinning room and served her with fried rice and pepper chicken. She left the sitting room and went inside to do some other things.

Zahrah eat to her content and gushed it down with a chill mix berry juice.

As she rose from the dinning, the door to the parlour opened. Maryam and Asiya entered with a guy behind them. They both raced with each other to see who will get to her first. Zahrah moved to them amused with their behavior and hugged each of them at the side of her arms. Maryam is six years old while Asiya is four. She lifted them both but dropped them after a short while.

"You guys are now grown up."
She exclaimed.

Mami entered the parlour laughing at them.

"You can't carry your children now?"

"They are so heavy, what have you been feeding them with?"
Zahrah asked in awed of her sister.

"What else, food of course!"