Chapter 43

Zahrah returned home to her parent in due time. Fatigue seemed to have descended on her from her journey as she laid mentally and wearily exhausted on her bed.

She thought of all the amazing people she left in abuja-- her sister and her little angels, Imtihan, her friends from school and even the noxious Sameer, is part of those people whose presence she'll miss alot.

Distance had made an impediment between she and those people whose presence she cherished tremendously. She never knew she had much friends until when she was leaving. Even their neighbors who she hardly visited, had shared their part in bidding her farewell.

At school, it was a burst of emotion as they parted from each other, hugging each other while some where crying out of the pain of separation.

Zahrah made good use of her time while she was in school, for every moment was spent either in studying or hanging around with her worthy friends whose company deeply influenced her positively.

The bridge she created between she and her nieces had helped in making a concrete edifice standing in contiguous to them- for the little ones grieved excessively with tears while she was leaving. And even the camouflaged structure she constructed between she and Sameer had crumbled while she was about to leave.

She remembered clearly the night before her departure, Sameer called her outside the house. At first, he was speechless with anxiety all over him. He apologised to her first for all the wrong things he had done to her, and thanked her precisely for being a source of inspiration to his life. He told her they will miss her presence alot and wished her all the best in her married life. With either of the above, she was so happy to hear such words from Sameer that tears threatened to spill out of her eyes.

And now, sitting all alone, lying on her back with only those treasured moments to keep her company. She'll soon come over it, she whispers to her self. Is the matter of time before she whizz out of it.

That's life, it could hardly be perfect for you. You'll lose something important and get something more important. She lost her friends there back to her lovely friends and parent.

She planned to visit Aysha the next day of her arrival- Aysha doesn't know that she's back. She doesn't want to tell her as she will anticipate her with bellicosity.

Omar had called her several times to make sure she had arrived safely and in good health. He promised to check on her the next day of her arrival, by then, she had got rid of every fatigue that recides in her during her journey.

The next morning, Zahrah got up as early as the sun could rise from it hiding place. She clomped to the kitchen to help her mother prepare breakfast.

Zahrah peeked into the kitchen and greeted her mother as she slumped lazily on a stool beside the door.

"You are up dear, how was your night?"

"Splendid mum." Zahrah answered and yawned.

"Is very thoughtful of you to come help me prepare breakfast. Stand up and peel those potatoes. Take this knife." her mother handed the knife to her and went to put on the gas cooker. She pour water into the kettle and put on top of the gas cooker.

"Get up and be fast before your father wakes up. You know today is saturday he'll have an early breakfast."

"Alright mum." she quickly got up, put potatoes into a bowl and flopped back to her seat to peel them.

"Your sister told me you did some shoppings way back there what and what did you buy?"

"Alot." Zahrah sputtered as if waiting for the question to be asked.