Chapter 38

It's been a long while since I last updated. I've to make a difficult decision, to choose btw wattpad and my studies bcos I performed poorly in my test. Of course you know I will choose my studies 'cos wattpad will still be here waiting for me. So I'm sorry for the late update, I've been away from wattpad for some time. Let me not prattle much. I decided to update for u guys though the chapter will be very short. Enjoy.

"Promise!"

Omar repeated. He stood by the door staring at both his mother and Zahrah in astonishment. "What promise are you talking about?" he requested anxiously.

"Get out now!" His mother commanded authoritatively. "I'm talking to Zahrah not you so get out and give us space." She pointed a finger towards the door.

Omar went slowing out of the room glancing backward.

"Back to you Zahrah." Omar's mother turn to Zahrah with a smile stuck at the corner of her lips. "Can't you promise me that?"

Zahrah heaved a sigh. "Insha Allah I will marry Omar if God wills."

How can she even doubt marrying Omar. Omar's a nice person how can she betray him after she'd stated that she will marry him. She has no doubt about that.

"Thank you Zahrah." she hugged Zahrah with a huge grin on her face.

They both stood up and returned to the children's room where they met the solicitous eyes of the children waiting for Zahrah's return.

Omar's mother left them in the room while Zahrah sat beside Nawal on The bed and adorn her face with smile, but despite that, her eyes could not hide the discomfort that suddenly dropped on them.

"Anty Zahrah can you tell us the story now." Nawal pumped out anxiously.

"Nawal next time, I'm leaving any moment from now." Zahrah cringed.

"Pleaseee anty Zahrah." Nawal persisted unyieldingly.

Zahrah sat quietly unable to answer Nawal's request. She was immersed deeply into the lake of thought.

How could Omar's mother demand such promise from her?

What if she isn't able to fulfill it?

But is done already. She had already promised and she's bond to fulfil it whatever it will take her. Though Omar's mother had been sadistic in her action to her, she still will fulfill the promise she's tied to, because she'll not let it snap. After all Omar is a nice guy he'll not cause pain to her, rather she has nothing to loose.

Perhaps that's where her happiness lies. God has tomb her happiness in Omar.

Just as Allah says in the Qur'an in surah bakarah 216 that you may hate something which is good for you, and you may end up liking something which is not good for you.