couples therapy

I sat in bed I was starring at the walls tom had been sweet since...since my cry for help. "mummy" came a little voice from the doorway sammi, "hey baby" i said as she crawled onto the bed "are you feeling any better mummy?" she asked "im getting there baby, mummy just doesn't feel like mummy, much but that doesn't mean I love you or your brothers any less" I said "and daddy?" she asked and I smiled "sammi, I love your father so much that when im not with him I cant breath, your daddy and you are my life" I said as I kissed her head "i love you too" said tom he was standing in the doorway listening "sammi, go play I want to go to mummy" tom said as sammi nodded and walked out of the room as tom walked over and sat on the side of the bed "how are you feeling" he asked me "like an idiot, I cant believe what I did" I said "same, I guess where two idiots" tom said as he entwined his fingers with mine . "look soph, doll, ive been thinking I really wan to give it a good, our marriage I don't want to throw it away" he said "neither do I tom, I mean I love you, I want to make it work we both have issues hat were going to have to get past and im willing to if you are, your my husband and I love you and there's no one else I want to spent my life with have kids with, grow old with" I said and eh smiled "yeah, look ive been thinking maybe we should go to couples therapy" he said and I felt the colour drain from my face "tom" "i know you don't do therapy but I think it will help us, me more than you ,you never went with Christophe or with your eating disorder, but please soph for us and I think it will be good for you, maybe you can finally have some closure" "the only thing that will give me closure is knowing why he did it, but he killed himself so ill never know" I said "i know doll" he said kissing my head "okay, ill do it, for you, for us" I said "thank you" he said

Later that day, tom had booked us in for couples therapy, great "you know we could just go to the pub and get drunk" I said as I slid my coat on "as tempting as that sounds we need this" he said and I sighed, I knew he was right "suppose your right as always" I said "believe it or not im not overly keen on telling a complete stranger our secrets" he said as we climbed into the car. once we got to the office and tom held my hand he knew I was nervous, in front of us sat the doctor "so why are you here" she asked us as tom and I looked at each other "sophie and I, we've been having some trouble since... Since my accident" tom said "your the one, who pushed me away im your wife I said id be there for you in sickness and in health, when you fell off the roof...it was he longest few seconds of my life as I watched you hit the ground, I thought I had lost you, I only found out I was pregnant a few hours earlier with the twins I was terrified of loosing you I still am, that's why I did what I did" I said "im sorry, I just I didn't want to have to rely on you all the time, I was the one who looked after you" he said "tom I just want us to be a family, I tried to help you anyway possible I didn't want our kids in a broken home not like I did, I grew up with my mum and she was great... well you know what shes like though tom I can never tell her just how much ill never be able to forgive her for leaving me with him, with that man" I said as I looked down at my hand "who" the doctor asked "soph, its okay" tom said as he took my hand and I looked at him and he nodded his head sighing I looked up at the doctor "someone I thought was my father at the time, he wasn't though and he abused me he got his mates to rape me I was nine the first time it happened, I never got answered as he killed himself, It didn't stop until I was twelve when my mum came back the only reason she did was because I got in trouble with the police and I refused to let them ring him, too say she was mad was an understatement, I just wanted my  mum  back I ever told her what went on, not until I was fourteen and I guess the guilt of holding it in drove me to my eating disorder, I was anorexic collapsed at school one day almost died" "its okay, I guess your need of having a father, a family wants you to make a relationship with tom even more" she said "tell her about Michael" tom said and I shot him a look "Michael?" she asked "hes my biological father, he and my mum broke up before she found out she was pregnant, I spent eighteen years not knowing who he was and I only met him as he became headmaster at my school and two years later he resigned and finished his relationship with me, his daughter, his granddaughter" "separation issues, you don't want oyur kids to go through what you did" he asked and I nodded "how old were you when tom and you got together" she asked "i was fifteen, it was two weeks before my sixteenth birthday I think deep down I knew I always loved him since I set eyes on him" I said and he smiled "i remember the day she walked into my classroom, fourteen and full of attitude, she drove me crazy she still does at times" he said.

After therapy I linked my arm with toms "that was intense" tom said and I chuckled "you could say that" I said "how about that drink, I think we both need it" he said "i think I need more than one" I said as we headed to the pub for a well deserved drink.