Making things work

I had woken up early, it was 3am, tom wasn't in bed, I know why he didn't want to be anywhere near me. But I couldn't sleep without him. I decided to go downstairs to find him I caught glimpse of myself to see that I had red puffy eyes, I must of cried myself to sleep. I walked downstairs to see it was quiet apart from the sound of the television he was watching football. I walked into the sitting room to see that he was sitting on the chair he looked at me then back to the television. I walked over to him and sat on the arm of the chair and took a hold of his hand "did you mean it, are you really done, your giving up on me?" I asked and he sighed "do you really think that, that I'll give up on you soon, I would go to the join and back for you" he said squeezing my hand "I'm sorry, I know I take things out on you its because your the closest person to me, the person I love more than anything and I lash out I don't mean to" I said and he looked at me before he grabbed me by the waist pulling me towards him so I was sitting across his knee. He kissed my forbead and sighed "I know....I know why you do it, it hurts" "I'm sorry" I said "have you been taking your medication soph, as I think you've fallen back into your depression" he said and I sighed " I do t want to take it, not when I'm pregnant" I said and he placed a hand on my belly as she kicked him "she's going it be a footballer" he said "you said that about sammi,and the boys" I said "well sammi is have you seen her play and she's only six" he said and I rolled my eyes "she's only good because her daddy pushes her and that her mum was so good at it" I said "you think she gained her skills from you" he asked "I know she did" I said and be chuckled "well see Mason" he said "last naming me again,are we clarkson" I said as I yawned "you should go up to bed, your knackered" tom said "I'm quiet comfy here besides I can sleep without you" I said. As I felt my eyes drop.

I woke up a few hours later, I was stiff, I had fallen asleep on top of tom I glanced over to tom to see he was fast asleep in the chair I stroked my hand through his hair and was met by his blue eyes "hi" I said and he smiled at me "me better get up" I said and he sighed "just a few more minutes" he said wrapping his hands around my waist and resting his head in my chest. I stood in the kitchen as I waited for the kettle to boil "so ive been thinking that its time I went away, got my head sorted" i said and he looked at me "soph...are you sure" he asked and I sighed "i need to...to make things work I need to get better I need the therapy...I need to be away from stress, eve if it means being away from you and the kids" I said and he placed his hands on my shoulder "how long" "a couple of weeks...month at the most" I said "if your sure its the right thing" he said and I looked him, he had a worried look on his face "tom, there's no need to worry, how long have you known me?" I asked "ten years" he said "and have you ever seen me be defeated by anything...even depression" I asked him and he smiled "no, nothing at all" he said and I kissed him.

I walked up stairs and pack a bag of things and headed downstairs to see my three kids looking at me as well as tom, I smiled reassuringly at tom "mummy are you leaving" Thomas asked me and I knelt down to his level "only for a little bit, mummy need to get better, so you have to be a good boy for daddy" I said to him and he nodded "is it cause im sick" Finley asked and I placed a hand on his cheek "no baby, I need to get better myself as mummy isn't feeling to good but before you know it ill be back burning your pancakes" I said as eh hugged me "i love you mummy" he said "love you too" I said "can I come with you mummy" sammi asked "no baby" I said "put ill be stuck with all these boys" she said "yes and you have to be a big girl and make sure there all doing as there told even your daddy" I said and she nodded "you promise your going back, cause my friend Ava mummy left and never came back" she said "do you think I would never come back" I asked her "no mummy" he said smiling at me as the three of them walked back into the kitchen leaving it just me and tom "so" he said and I smiled at him "ill come visit you" he said "i hope so" I said and he walked over to me and hugged me, I wrapped my arms around him holding him close not wanting to let him go. I walked to the car placing my bags in the boot and took one last look at the house before I went to get into the car "SOPHIE" I heard tom yell I turned around to see him running over to me he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me, kissed me like he never had before. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine "i love you Sophie Patricia Clarkson" he said "and I love you too Thomas Clarkson" I said before I got in the car and drove away wiping away the tears in my eyes, I had to do this even if it meant leaving my family,