eddie

I stood in the doorway of finleys hospital room as i watched him sleeping, i wiped away the tears in my eyes. i couldnt believe him, my baby, the cancer was back. He is five years old its so cruel. i stood as i watched tom sitting next to his bedside. My mum buzzed and i picked it up "mum, hi"  isaid down the phon my tears falling "sophie, ive been trying to reach you for hours, whats going on?" she asked me "mummy" i said crying "sophie, baby what is it talk to me" she said i could hear the concern in her voice "its finley" i siad "is he okay?" she asked me as i wiped away the tears that had fallen from my face "the cancer....its back" i said ""oh sweetie, im sorry" she said sniffling i could tell that she was also crying and trying not to, she was trying to say strong for me. "mum...what if he dies?" i said "no.....no baby dont think like that, you have to be strong, you and tom, hes five he needs his parents more than anything" mum said "okay" i siad "i love you, okay baby you have to be strong" she said and i nodded and knowing she couldnt see me "okay, mum i love you" i said.

Tom and i drove home hours later, not a word said between us. i leant against the window "what are we gonig to do?" i said " i dont know" tom said in a cold voice starring out of the window "tom, please, dont shut me out" i said and he sighed "i cant do this right now" he siad as eh stormed out of the car leaving me sitting there. i sat with my had in my hands and i dont even know how long i sat there for, i felt it get darker and watched as it started to rain. The car door opened and eddie walked in sittingnext to me "hey soph?" he said and i smiled at him slightly "come here" he said as eh wrapped his arm over my shoulder and i started to sob into his shoulder "i dont know what ot od eddie, im a terrible mother i didnt know he was ill" i said "no, no your not you are an incredible mother this is not your fault" he siad "isnt it" i siad "no, you have no idea how amazing you are, you have been through so much and survived so much, i am so proud to call you my step-daughter" eh said hugging me "what if i lose him" i asked "you wont but if you do....its important you and tom stay togehteri remeber when i lost stephen, me and my ex wife, we blamed each other and we should of been there for her, talk to your husband and dont let him isolate himself from you ive known tom for over ten years now, and i know just how stubborn he is, dont let him push you away, finley needs you two to work together, and so do autumn, sammmi and thomas, thomas will need you more than ever even if hes not ill but his twin brother is and hes ought to be upset" eddie said "how do.....how did you survive it the hurtig?" i asked "i had micheal to look after and your mother helped a lot" he said and i nodded wiping my eyes "thanks eddie" i said as i hugged him and climbed out of the car and walking inside to see tom "can we talk?" i asked him as he glared at me "im not in the mood sophie" he said as he pushed past me and walked up the stairs isolating me out.