A night with my husband

I was sick I felt as if all I did was look after the kids, clean and work. Tom worked near enough eighteen hours a day and the kids never saw him. I walked into the living room to see toys everywhere you've got to be kissing me "sammi, Thomas and finnley get in here" I yelled up the stairs and in they walked "clean this mess up kids, im not here too tidy up after you and once your done get dressed" I yelled at them "it wasn't me mummy" sammi said "so your telling  e your two year old brothers were playing with your dolls" I asked her "but I don't want to clean it up" sammi said I ran my fingers through my hair, im going to loose my temper with this kid "sammi, listen to your mother and go and clean your mess up your mothers not here to run around after you" tom said to her and she stormed off in a huff. "thanks" I said to him as he walked around to where I was standing and wrapped his arms around my waist "i think you need a night off" he said to me "i wish tom, I cant go out we have three kids that you barley see, I feel as if im a single parent and honestly I cant tell you how much I would love a night out but I cant" I said to him "its okay" he said as he pulled me into a hug "soph, I know, I know I  haven't been there for you and im sorry im a terrible husband" he said and I sighed "no your not""i am, im going to make it up to you okay, ill take you out tonight just the two of us" he said and I sighed "i cant just go out" "yes you can, ill speak to your mum see if she'll have them" he said and I sighed "sure" I said "go and get ready ill sort the kids out" he said and I smiled.

I got to work and headed to the staff room "good morning sophie" eddie said to me as I walked in with a pile of books in my hand "morning eddie" I said as I took a seat and started to mark some homework before I headed off to teach. I sat in the staffroom at break as I sipped on a cup of coffee when tom walked in and sat opposite me, he had red eyes I can tell he had been crying "baby what happened" I asked him as I placed my cup down on the table "nothing" he said as he wiped his nose I frowned at him and stood up and walked over to him "tom" I said and he  looked up at me, "it failed the transplant, grantly died" tom said and I sat down next to him and pulled him to me as he cried "it didn't fail, it gave him some time that he never would of had if you didn't give him your kidney" I said to him as he continued to cry "look, if you don't want to go out tonight we don't have to" I said "no, I made reservation at the Italians you like ill meet you there at seven" he said and I nodded as the bell went "i have to go, ive got class ill see you later" I said as I kissed him on his lips "oh and tom, im really sorry about grantly I know who was good mate of yours" I said and he smiled at me slightly.

Later that night I left the school and drove home to change before I ordered a tai to the restaurant "Clarkson, table for two" I said to the waiter who led me to the table. "can I get you a drink" he asked "yes ill have a diet coke and vodka and a beer" I said as he walked away and I waited for tom, I sat for twenty minutes when tom walked in "sorry im late, I couldn't  get away from the school" he said as he sat opposite me in the booth "wow, soph you look amazing" he said as he looked at me, making me blush nine years of being together and he still makes me blush. "so have you decided on what you would like to eat" the waiter asked her "yes, ill have the meat feast pizza and my wife here will have the lasagne with garlic bread" tom said and I smiled at him "how did you know I was going to order that" I asked him and he smiled at me "i know you soph, you always order the lasagne and after nine years I think I can say just how much I know you" he said as I smiled "i have a surprise" tom said as he handed me to tickets "Paris?" I asked him "yes its our wedding anniversary coming up and you've never been so I thought a weekend away would do us good" he said "five years of marriage and there's were those who said we wouldn't last five minutes" I said "like chlo?" he asked and I frowned "yeah like chlo, the girl who was meant to be my best friend and doesn't talk to me because i  fell in love with her dad, well stepdad sort of" I said "don't worry about chlo..she's the least of our troubles besides u just want a night out with my wife" he said as he lent across the table and kissed me.