mummy dearest

I was awoken by a knock at the front door and the doorbell ringing "tom...door" I moaned into my pillow "ugh" he groaned as he got out of the bed to answer the phone, I lifted my head of the pillow to look at the clock 7.45 am. Who the hell is at the door at this time. I pulled the duvet over me and went to go back to sleep "soph" tom said as he nudged me awake. "Ugh what is it?" I asked as I lifted my head off the pillow "your mums here, she wants to talk to you" he said and I sighed as I sat at the side of the bed "god sake, what does she want" I said as I got picked up a shirt and my PJs shorts from the floor.

I headed downstairs to see her standing stabding in the sitting room dressed in her suit and black coat "what can be so important at this time in the morning" I said as I sat down on the sofa she was pacing through the room "why didn't you tell me soph. Why didn't you tell me" she asked and I rubbed my eyes"what are you talking about?" I asked irrated I had been up half the night with the twins. "Sophie Patricia mason what I'm talking about is" "clarkson...its Clarkson, I'm Sophie Patricia clarkson" I said annoyed "I want to know why you didnt tell me that you were going to the police I'm your mother I should know, if your going to go to the police and not waiting for police to turn up on my door step and ask about My daughters abuse" "well I'm sorry but you aren't my pain concern okay, my children are he threatened to hurt my daughter, sammi, my baby, you out of anyone should ktearsmore than anyone about protecting your daughter, you were a prostitute and you did it to protect me, so I finally grew some bakks and reported him to the police its something I should of done years ago I should of report him locked him up and that man who was meant to be my father up, I was nice and I was raped and abused all I can say to you is I hope your trip to africa is worth it, worth the abuse, wotlrth me being an unstable ness" I yelled at her I didn't know I was crying until tom wiped away the tears I was crying.

Tom pulled me into a hug as i cried on his shoulder "its okay" he said "this is between me and my daughter tom" mum said rather rudely "anything you can say to me, you can say to tom as well after all he is my family" I said as I squeezed his hand "how  many tines to I have to tell you, I'm sorry okay, I'm sorry that I let you down, I failed you, again, I can't do anything right" she said as she yelled at me I felt as if I was fourteen again. "Mum do you really think that, do you really think that , I think  of you as a disappointment your my mum and the only parent that's ever been there for me, you've done a lot for me...more than any of my so called fathers...Eddie is the only dad that I know look I didn't tell you was because I was scared I know it upsets you when I bring up the rape, abuse but I had to do it he almost raped me again a few weeks...he threatened sammi" I said and she looked at me "I'm sorry soph, your my baby and I don't like seeing you hurt" she said as she hugged me.

"Mummy" came a voice from the doorway and there stood Sammi "hi baby what are you doing up" I asked her as she stood at the door with her teddy bear in her arms "I couldn't sleep" she said as I picked her up " mama" she said as she noticed my mum "how about mama make you some breakfast" mum asked her " yeah" she said as my mum picked her and I watched them as she held sammi on her hip and they made breakfast, I watched as they made breakfast and cooked together. Reminding me of just what a great mum mine was, and reminding me of memories of when I was a kid and it use to be us cooking breakfast together.