Fight

I lay on my bed as Finley lay on my chest, he was tired the treatment had taking it out of him. "do you want me to out him in his bed" tom asked as he stood at the door "in a but" I said as I stroked his blonde hair which was falling out. Tom sat next to me on the bed placing his hand on our small son "i don't know how my mum coped, she was a lot younger than me and she was by herself ad my cancer was a lot worse, a brain tumour" I said as I looked at Finley "and you fought it...at three years old you fought it and Finley is just like his mother he will fight this" tom said "but what if he doesn't...he's a lot more progressed then me" I said. Tom lifted him up off of me as Finley rested his head on toms shoulder "we need to be strong for him soph, hes all he has" tom said and I nodded I know that I cant be strong enough, its my baby, my baby has cancer and could die how am I meant to be strong?

"I've put finely to bed and Thomas is in the bath and sammi is doing her homework" tom said and I smiled "thanks" I said as I stood folding clothes. He walked over to me and pulled the clothes out of my hand "leave it soph" he said and I sighed and sat on the bed "you look tired, have you slept at all" he asked me "i don't have time to sleep tom" I said and he placed his hand on my shoulders "your going to make yourself ill" he said "don't" "sophie..im trying to help you" he said "i don't need your help tom, im not the one who had cancer its my son, my little boy hes the one who's health is going down the drain as a mother its the most painful thing to watch...knowing that there's nothing that I can do to help him I feel useless...tell me what am I meant to do" I yelled at him "your meant to not shut me out were meant to get through this together" "but I cant...I cant sand it I cant lose anyone else im barely coping to start with" I said "do you think your the only one struggling, don't you think I don't know how this feels...hes my son too, your not the only one who is not coping, you just don't see it because im trying to be there for you keep it all together...your his mother you should of seen it earlier" he yelled "your blaming me" "yes you should of spotted that there was something wrong your with him all the time" "not all the time, just because he doesn't know who you are don't go blaming me, don't you think ive done that already blame myself" I yelled "your a lousy mother" he said and I felt the blood boil and I walked over to him and slammed him across the face before I hit him in the chest with my hand he grabbed a hold of me by the wrist and pushed me to the floor where I landed by the bed.

I looked up at him and glared at him "what the hell are you playing at pushing me around like a rag doll im pregnant for god sake" I yelled at him "so you remember the, that your pregnant and your making yourself ill, your not eating, sleeping you realise you have to say healthy for this baby" he said and I sighed I knew he was right "your right, but you had no right to [push me around like a wife beater, ive been abused enough in a life time without my husband being the one to hurt me" I said and he sighed "im six months pregnant I could go into labour wit her, and go through what we did with sammi, I cant go through that as well as everything else, you don't think we have enough on our plate" I yelled at him and he looked at me "you know what Sophie, ive had enough im done" he said "done? what do you mean your done" I yelled after him

"tom" I said as I walked into the kitchen after him "i mean, im sick of being your punching bag all the time when things go wrong, im tired off fighting with you..im done" he said "please don't do this...I need you" I said tears filling in my eyes "no your don't, I feel like I don't know you anymore" he said as he walked off and I leant against the cupboard as I broke down in tears, without tom im nothing.