michael

"what do you want michael" i asked as i stood in the kitchen, how dare eh come to my house after all this time, he was never a father to be, eddie is my father and the only one i want or need. "michael now is it" he asked "you deserve the title dad, what have you done for me" i asked "i gave you life" "okay then sperm donour" "im still your father even after everything that happened" he said "your the one that walked out on me, your granddaughter she was one when you walked out shes six now its nearly five years since we last talked..you walked out on me yet again" i said "im sorry soph...i was coward" he said "what is it you wanted" i asked "im ill" he said "and what youve come to make amends, pleas im not a toy you cant pick me and throw me away when your bored i wont let you do that not to me, again, not to my kids" i said "you had more children, i always thought that you and tom would" he said "im pregnant with our fourht chil and my mum is in a coma so i dont need the stress" i said " i understand, i have huntingtons disease" he said "huntingtons?" "yes its inherited that means you might have it, or oyur kids might have it" he said and my heart sunk a the thought of my children having it "is there no cure" i asked him "none at all" he said and i took a seat next to him at the table as the news sunk in "how long, how long have you got" i asked "doctr said a year, its been six months i know i should of come and seen you sooner, but i couldnt face it, the rejection i know i probably deserve it i just didnt want you to turn your back on me, like i did to you, your all i have sophie" he said as he grabbed my hand "ill talk to tom, about you staying here" i said "you dont have to do that" he said "its not up for discussion" i said "i have to go to work" i said "dont worry i have things i have to do" he said and i nodded.

i stood in the hallway letting the news sink in, i was going to loose my dad even if we werent that close it was upsetting. i drove to work and walked into the office to see tom doing paper work "mr clarskon can i have a word" i said to him as he stood in there with the history teacher "certainly mrs clarkson" he said and i walked over to him and it was soon just tohe two of us "your wearing that skirt again" tom said as he walked over to me placing his hand on my thigh "my dad turned up" i said and he froze ad loed at me "are you okay" he asked me and i shrugged "hes dying, he has huntingtons disease its inherited i could have it, the kids could" i said and he looked at me "we can find out, theres tests they ca do" he said as he put his hands on my cheeks i felt tears fall down my face "dont cry" he said "he has no one, would it be okay if he stays with us i mean he only has six months" i said and he looked at me "i dont know soph, i man he hurt you, he abandoned you" he said "tom" "its not just that i mean your pregnant and we have three young kids i mean wouldnt it be better if hewere in a home so that he could get the care he needs" "you know how long it take, how much it costs" i said "im sure we can afford it, look he can stay for a few weeks and thats it" he siad and i nodded. "eddie rang" "how is she" i asked "shes respounding to the transfusion, but its going to take some time now shes stronger she might be able to come round" tom said nad i sighed "hopefully once the transfusion works and the antibotics she will come round" i said and he nodded as eh kissed me on the lips  "theres this party i have to attend for the LEA,and it would be a lot less dull if you came with me" he said "when" i asked "a few weeks" he said "well if you but me a new dress i might consider it" i siad smirking at him "you are one of a kind sophie" he siad "thats why you love me" i said "too right" "ill phone my dad let him know" i siad "i love how you still have his number after all this time and still refer him as your dad " "hes not my dad though eddie is" i said and he smiled at me "hopefully oyu two with work it out before he dies" tom said nad inodded "hopefully"