Depression

I lay in bed my knees tucked into my chest, lying in a ball when tom came in the room he sat next to me on the bed brushing my hair out of my face "i hate seeing you like this I feel as though theres nothing I can do" he said "im sorry" I said and he sighed and lay on the bed his eyes meeting mine "tell me what can I do" he asked as he stroked my face. I felt tears running down my face "soph" he said and I looked up at him "he nearly raped me again tom, I was so scared I don't want to feel like this tom, I hate it" I said "i wish I killed him there and then...I wish I killed him for you it makes me so mad to see you like this, not the sarcastic girl I married you have lost your spark" "sorry im not good enough" I said "no, no your are your more than good enough, I think we need to put an end to this" tom said and I frowned and looked up at him "what, kill him?" I asked and he chuckled "as much as id love too, I was thinking its time that you got closure and he got what he deserves, you need to go to the police" he said

I finally got myself out of bed and dressed before I walked downstairs "mummy" sammi said as she ran over to me "hi baby girl" I said as I picked her up and kissed her on the forehead "are you feeling better, daddy sad you were ill?" she said and I smiled at her "a little bit baby" I said as I sat at the table next to the twins "so I spoke to your mum , I told her that we needed time alone so she's going to look after the kids" tom said and I sighed and looked at him "tom I.."" I know that you don't want to see her, that's why I said id take them over to hers so you don't have to see her, though she will start thinking that somethings up you've been avoiding her for weeks, you need to talk to her" he said "i cant not right now" I said and he smiled as he massages my shoulders "we'll get through this, together" tom said as he kissed my cheek.

As Tom took the kids to my mums I pulled on my oversized jumper and pulled the sleeves over my wrists I just wanted to be hidden even if it was just underneath all my clothes "are you ready" tom asked me as he came into the house and I stood and looked at him before pacing down the hallway "hey, it will be alright ill be there every step of the way" he said as he took my hand in his and I nodded before he pulled me into a hug "im scared tom, what if they don't believe me" I asked "soph of course they will, you still have the bruises, the memories and there's no reason for them not to believe you now come on" he said as he took my hand and lead me to the car. Once we got to the police station we parked in the car and I held onto toms hand as tight as I could "you can do this, I know you can soph, your one of the bravest people I know" he said and I turned to look at him and kissed him gently on the lips "i just wish I did this years ago, before he killed himself maybe if he got locked away I would finally feel as though he got what he deserved" I said "well your doing it now, better late than never especially when it comes to that scumbag who says your the only one hes hurt" tom said and I nodded "your right, come on" I said as I got out of the car and headed into the police station, to report simon, to finally get closure.