Chapter 9

Krystal was awakened by the sudden feel of pain in her lower abdomen then she realized that she needs to urinate. She removed her earphone and went to the rest room. It's just 2 in the morning and there's still 4 more hours before she arrives at Incheon Airport.

My face doesn't look good already. Marahan niyang sinampal-sampal ang kanyang pisngi. Her face looks pale at dahil na din sa pagmamadali niyang makapunta ng airport, hindi na niya nagawang maglagay ng maayos na make-up.

Nagulat siya ng may kumatok sa pinto "Ms. Lee?"

She immediately opened the door. "Yes?"

"Sorry to bother you mam, but this is an emergency." Lumabas siya ng banyo para makausap ng ayos ang isang flight attendant. "You're a doctor right?" she nodded and the girl was relieved after confirming that she's a doctor.

The flight attendant told her about a pregnant woman who was in pain. She asked if Krystal could check it at hindi naman siya nagdalawang isip. She was on a business class and the staff accompanied her to the economy section.

Every of the passengers looks so worried while taking a look on the pregnant woman. Nang mapansin ni Krystal ang tubig na umaagos sa sahig, nagmadali siyang lumapit sa babae. "Her water just broke..." kaagad niyang sabi sa dalawang flight attendant na nakaalalay dito. "Is she alone?"

"Unfortunately.. yes." A male flight attendant answered her. "What should we do now?"

"We should move her in a more comfortable position..." the staff suggested to move the woman in the galley. Krystal asked for their medical box. The guy staff gave it to her. She get the surgical gloves and wear it. She also asked for a blanket.

Krystal bent and checked the woman's cervix. "Her cervix is opening.." she said. Using her two fingers, she checked the dilation and at the same time looked at her wristwatch. The staffs was watching what she's doing.

Kinausap ni Krystal ang babae, at sinabe niyang lalabas na ang bata. Naintindihan naman siya nito. Tumingin si Krystal sa mga staff... they all looked so worried. "There's nothing to worry." She said. She rest assured them that everything will be fine.

Krystal asked for blankest, plastic sheets to cover the area, towels, washcloths and pillows. Isa-isa niyang inilabas mula sa medical box ang mhga kakaylanganin niya. While the staff are working on what she said, Krystal reassured the woman too. "Just calm down and take a deep breath okay? I'm a doctor so you can trust me.

There are still smiles on Krystal's face. She's calm unlike the people who looks panicking. It's not her first time to do an emergency like this. She stood up and immediately go to the washroom. She removes her bracelet, her watch and also the ring on her finger. She washes her hands properly.

When everything and everyone was settled, Krystal started her job. She bend down and take a look if the baby's head was already seen. Krystal was guiding her by telling to take a deep breath and push harder for the baby to come out.

It took one and a half hours when the baby's head crowned. After a few more minutes, the baby's head emerged. Krystal apply a very gentle pressure by guiding the head of the baby slowly until it all exists and then the baby's shoulder slide out next and the rest of the body slipped out very quickly.

Krystal immediately covers the baby's body using a towel. Because the body is still slippery. She holds it firmly but gently. The remain fluids comes out from the mouth and nose of the baby then, she started crying. Yes, the baby is a girl and every staff was relieve as well as the passengers.

Krystal removed the umbilical cord by cutting it. She asked for a two clean plastic to put the umibilical cord in it as well as the placenta that came from inside the mother. Placenta needs to be out to help the uterus contract and stop further bleeding.. Krystal wipes the body of the baby gently before covering again with a new towel.