Chapter 35

Chairman Oh was discharged after months of staying in the hospital. He was suppose to stay for more, at least two weeks but Krystal signed the papers because Sehun told her too. Naiinip na ang matanda at gusto na nitong umuwi. She advised him to avoid stress and not to move around frequently until the therapy was completely done.

Wendy just got back to the hospital from housing service. Bukod sa pagiging doctor sa hospital, pumupunta din siya sa mga orphanage para magbigay ng libreng check up. She often do this kapag wala siyang ginagawa sa kanyang day-off.

It was already late evening, mabibilang na lamang ang tao sa lobby. Tinawag si Wendy ng isang staff from the reception area dahil may sulat na dumating para sa kanya. The letter came from Cambridge University Hospital. Kaagad niyang binuksan at binasa ang sulat. She was a bit disappointed dahil akala niya natanggap na siya for her application but what's inside the envelope was just a thank you letter and a brochure of the school.

Halos isang buwan na since she sumbmitted her online application at the university. She wanted to study more about her profession at kung papalarin, gusto din niyang makapagtrabaho sa ibang bansa. Hindi sa naghahangad siya ng malaking sweldo, she also wanted to explore and to help other people who's in need.

"Dr. Son, iniwan po pala ito saken ni Dr. Joo." Ini-abot ng staff ang isang notebook which Wendy thinks werenotes or instructions. Nag-leave ang doctor matapos nitong ma-stress sa emergency area ng ilang linggo, at sa kanya iniwan ang dalawa nitong pasyente.

She take a look on it. At habang binabasa, a music was playing on her ear. She's listening to a song and she couldn't help herself but to hum. It's a song she got from Krystal. Medyo curious pa din siya sa kanta kahit malapit na niyang ma-memorize dahil araw-araw na niya itong pinapakingan. Hindi pa niya ito naririnig eversince at wala ding naka-indicate kung sinong singer.

Mahina niyang sinabayan ang kanta while browsing the notes.

"I didn't know you have such a good voice.." a man said from behind. Narinig niya yun dahil walang earphone ang isa niyang tenga. She turn around to see who was it. The man smile which was very unusual for her or maybe, it's her first time to see him smile like that. "You're going somewhere?"

She shook her head. "Kakarating ko lang.." sagot niya. "How about you?"

"I came to see Sehun.." maikling naman ang lalaki.

In just a few minutes of silence, it became awkward, neither the staff in the reception area felt it too. Bago para kay Wendy ang nararamdaman niya while facing him or she's not just comfortable on how calm the way Chanyeol talk to her.

He looks down on the evelope she was holding. "You're leaving the hospital?" he asked.

Itinago niya ang envelope kasama ng notebook sa kanyang bag. "I'm still waiting for the result of my application." Wendy thinks it's the safest answer to his question. No one knows if she will be accepted or not. "Please don't tell this to Krystal. They doesn't know about this."

"If that's what you want then, I'll keep it a secret." Chanyeol bowed and so Wendy too. Tumalikdo na ito. Pero hindi pa man nakakalayo, muli siyang hinarap ni Chanyeol. "Anyway, the song you were singing a while ago... it sounds good and it matches your voice."

Napangiti si Wendy while watching him go. She wasn't expecting that Chanyeol, who was her enemy, was also the first guy who told her that she has such a good voice.

On time na nakarating sina Sehun, Krystal, Yeri at Renjun sa set ng pre-recording ng isang TV Survival Reality Show na Hit The Stage kung saan isa si Ten sa mga competitors. They thought they won't be able to make it again because at the last minute of Krystal's duty, a patient came at the emergency.